Searching for low-cost insurance for a Saab 9-7X in Colorado can normally be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks and make it easy.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find insurance online so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to compare rates for a new or used Saab and get the best price possible.
You should make it a habit to do rate comparisons yearly due to the fact that insurance rates go up and down regularly. If you had the lowest premium rates on Saab 9-7X insurance in Aurora a year ago there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the fastest and easiest way to find great coverage at a great price.
Auto insurance providers offering competitive rate quotes in Colorado
The providers in the list below offer quotes in Colorado. To buy the best cheap car insurance in Aurora, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
These ten discounts can reduce Saab 9-7X insurance rates
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but a few need to be requested specifically before you get the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Multi-line Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower premium rate if you buy life insurance.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with the same company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Paper-free Discount – Many insurance companies give back up to $50 shop Aurora car insurance digitally online.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
- No Claims – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Aurora car insurance quote in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for cheaper insurance rates.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable data collection to track driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm has discounts for anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, good student, accident-free, multiple policy, multiple autos, and driver’s education.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, renters, Switch & Save, defensive driver, and homeowner.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for teen driver discount, new graduate, safety features, preferred payment discount, multi-policy, exclusive group savings, and newly retired.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for company car, teen driver, mature driver, multi-policy, safe vehicle, and student away at school.
- GEICO includes discounts for membership and employees, air bags, seat belt use, driver training, five-year accident-free, and anti-theft.
If you need low cost Aurora car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not be offered in your state. To view insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Aurora, click this link.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if you may require specific advice.
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
You may need advice from a local insurance agent
Many drivers would rather sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision Good insurance agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance rates and also buy local. And supporting local agencies is still important in Aurora.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents that can give you free Aurora car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to you directly. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
When narrowing the list to find a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they work. Auto insurance agents in Aurora are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options. Many write coverage with small regional insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Aurora that can possibly get you comparison quotes.
- A Complete Auto Insurance Agency
543 Sable Blvd – Aurora, CO 80011 – (303) 650-0060 – View Map
- A All City Auto Insurance
9720 E Colfax Ave – Aurora, CO 80010 – (303) 364-0555 – View Map
- Premier Insurance
2241 S Peoria St # 202 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 337-3600 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These agents write business for a single company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are Aurora exclusive insurance agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Archie Verhoeff
13743 E Mississippi Ave #100 – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 363-1757 – View Map
- Bill Mahaffy III – State Farm Insurance Agent
15281 E Smoky Hill Rd – Aurora, CO 80015 – (720) 886-0400 – View Map
- Stan Kellogg – State Farm Insurance Agent
15434 E Orchard Rd – Aurora, CO 80016 – (303) 699-2288 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
Auto insurance coverages explained
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see values of 25/50/15 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things like court costs, bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, loss of income and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Colorado requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The chart below shows why buying minimum limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as rock chips in glass, a broken windshield, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a bird and falling objects. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This gives you protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Saab 9-7X.
Since many Colorado drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 25/50/15), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Coverage for collisions
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a parking meter, colliding with a tree and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your 9-7X to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for bills for things like hospital visits, X-ray expenses, rehabilitation expenses, dental work and funeral costs. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Cheaper coverage is out there
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to lower your Saab 9-7X insurance rates in Aurora. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Aurora car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the smaller companies.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices, denial of a claim or even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
Some insurance providers don’t offer price quotes online and these smaller providers only sell through local independent agencies. Cheaper auto insurance in Aurora is attainable both online as well as from independent agents in Aurora, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture.
Steps to buying low-cost Saab 9-7X insurance in Aurora
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get budget car insurance rates in Aurora is to regularly compare prices from insurers that insure vehicles in Colorado.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as traffic citations and a substandard credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new insurance company. When you receive it, put the certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and maximum price selection.
Much more information about auto insurance in Colorado can be read at the links below
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Aurora Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much is Aurora Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)