Are you tired of sacrificing other expenses to pay auto insurance each month? Your situation is no different than many other drivers in Colorado.
Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Drivers who shop around for better prices will probably switch auto insurance companies because the odds are good of finding more affordable rates. A recent auto insurance study discovered that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved on average $70 a month as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price on insurance in Aurora is your ultimate objective, understanding the best way to compare auto insurance can make shopping around easier.
Steps to saving on Nissan Titan insurance in Aurora
If you want to save money, the best way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from providers who provide car insurance in Aurora.
- Get an understanding of car insurance and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as inattentive driving and a low credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Tell your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed application and payment to the newly selected company. Once received, place the new proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
A key point to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price quotes from every company you can. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Companies like State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all promote huge savings with advertising and it is difficult to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Why Informed Consumers Pay Less for Nissan Titan Insurance
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower rates. Many different elements are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
Raising physical damage deductibles lowers premiums – Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Nissan from damage. Some coverage claims are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define how much you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
Uninterrupted coverage lowers rates – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a quick way to trigger a rate increase. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage could earn you a license revocation or jail time.
Little extras can really add up – Policies have additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Titan policy. Coverage for things like coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
More traffic equals higher rates – Being located in a rural area can save you money when it comes to auto insurance. People in densely populated areas tend to have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers means less chance of accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
High credit scores save money – Credit rating can be an important factor in determining what you pay. If your credit can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Nissan Titan by repairing your credit. People that have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower credit ratings.
Cautious drivers pay better prices – Drivers with clean records receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Even one driving citation could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking violations like reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The diagram below highlights how speeding tickets and accident claims raise Nissan Titan annual premium costs for each different age category. The costs are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance losses for a Nissan Titan – Auto insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to help determine rates. Models that statistically have higher number or severity of losses will have increased rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Nissan Titan vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Percentages below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan Titan Crew Cab 2WD||95||127||120|
|Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4WD||95||137||109||77||99||108|
|Nissan Titan Ext Cab 2WD||117||111|
|Nissan Titan Ext Cab 4WD||106||107|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Getting a cheaper price on insurance can be surprisingly simple. All that’s required is to invest a few minutes comparing rates to see which company has affordable Aurora auto insurance quotes.
Getting quotes online is very simple and it takes the place of having to make phone calls or go to insurance agents’ offices. Shopping for insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you require the peace of mind that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to comparison shop online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in Aurora, CO. In order to find the cheapest auto insurance in Aurora, CO, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance coverage analysis
The data table displayed below covers different coverage prices for Nissan Titan models. Having a better understanding of how auto insurance premiums are established is important to be able to make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Titan XE King Cab 4WD||$264||$448||$358||$22||$108||$1,200||$100|
|Titan XE King Cab 2WD||$298||$448||$448||$26||$134||$1,354||$113|
|Titan XE Crew Cab 4WD||$298||$448||$358||$22||$108||$1,234||$103|
|Titan SE King Cab 4WD||$298||$448||$358||$22||$108||$1,234||$103|
|Titan XE Crew Cab 2WD||$298||$448||$448||$26||$134||$1,354||$113|
|Titan SE King Cab 2WD||$298||$448||$448||$26||$134||$1,354||$113|
|Titan SE Crew Cab 4WD||$298||$528||$358||$22||$108||$1,314||$110|
|Titan Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$298||$528||$358||$22||$108||$1,314||$110|
|Titan SE Crew Cab 2WD||$298||$528||$448||$26||$134||$1,434||$120|
|Titan Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$298||$528||$358||$22||$108||$1,314||$110|
|Titan LE Crew Cab 4WD||$298||$528||$358||$22||$108||$1,314||$110|
|Titan LE Crew Cab 2WD||$332||$528||$448||$26||$134||$1,468||$122|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can increase or decrease prices greatly.
The information below shows how different deductible levels and can impact Nissan Titan insurance costs for each age group. Data assumes a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Comparison of car insurance rates by age and gender in Aurora
The example below shows the difference between Nissan Titan yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Nissan Titan liability rates compared to full coverage
The information below compares Nissan Titan auto insurance rates with and without full coverage. The costs are based on no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no definitive formula to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Nissan Titan replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $200 annually to have full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not remove full coverage.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Nissan Titan in Aurora, car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Titan with a loan, almost every bank will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Nissan for a lot more money and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Titan are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Take advantage of these discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Aurora auto insurance online.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching to them before your current Titan insurance policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Titan is cheaper because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a small discount on rates.
- Student in College – Kids who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to look at driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
The chart below compares Nissan Titan insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premiums assume a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Colorado state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- MetLife includes discounts for accident-free, defensive driver, good student, good driver, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include anti-theft, professional/association, good student, multi-policy, multi-car, and age of vehicle.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for anti-theft, family plan, defensive driving, good student, multi-policy, easy pay, and accident-free.
- GEICO may include discounts for driver training, seat belt use, military active duty, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, and anti-theft.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, multi-policy, good driver, AAA membership discount, and good student.
If you want affordable Nissan Titan insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not be available in Aurora. If you would like to see a list of companies who offer online Nissan Titan insurance quotes in Colorado, click this link.
What if I want to buy from local Aurora insurance agents?
A small number of people still like to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower premium rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Aurora who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer because prices are sent directly to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- What discounts might you be missing?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
Best auto insurance company in Aurora
Insuring your vehicle with the right auto insurance provider is hard considering how many choices drivers have in Colorado. The company ratings in the lists below may help you pick which insurers to look at when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Affordable auto insurance is out there
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, denial of a claim, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Cheaper Nissan Titan insurance in Aurora is definitely available online and with local Aurora insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
Steps to quoting cheaper Nissan Titan insurance in Aurora
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find discount auto insurance rates in Aurora is to start comparing prices regularly from providers in Colorado. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
First, read and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, keep the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Aurora Car Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Aurora Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- How Much is Aurora Car Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for College Graduates in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)