Sad but true, almost 70% of drivers in Colorado have bought auto insurance from the same company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Many drivers in America can cut their rates by as much as 46.5% a year, but they don’t believe how much savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find low-cost prices for Acura TL insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies who sell auto insurance in Aurora. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Read and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like traffic citations and an imperfect credit history can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper TL coverage is available. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Notify your current company to cancel the current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new insurance company. Be sure to place the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An essential thing to point out is that you use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to look at every company you can. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
The cheapest Aurora Acura TL insurance quotes online
Getting a cheaper price on Acura TL insurance is pretty simple and can save money. The only thing you need to do is spend a little time to get quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Aurora, CO. To get the cheapest car insurance in Colorado, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Choosing Acura TL insurance is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Acura TL insurance, maintaining insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your TL has a loan, almost every bank will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Acura for a lot more money and make you pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Rates and other information
The coverage table displayed next outlines estimates of insurance rates for Acura TL models. Having a good understanding how auto insurance prices are formulated can help guide drivers when making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TL 3.5 W/Technology Package||$294||$630||$368||$22||$110||$1,424||$119|
|TL 3.7 SH AWD||$294||$630||$368||$22||$110||$1,424||$119|
|TL 3.7 SH W/Technology Package AWD||$294||$726||$368||$22||$110||$1,520||$127|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can lower or raise price quotes significantly.
The chart below demonstrates how deductibles and can increase or decrease Acura TL premium costs for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Acura TL liability rates compared to full coverage
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Acura TL insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no clear-cut formula to exclude full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Acura TL claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $400 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Auto insurance policy discounts for Acura TL insurance in Aurora
Car insurance companies don’t list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow their auto insurance company to spy on where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in Aurora can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles with the same auto insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free auto insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The information below shows the difference between Acura TL yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Colorado state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- American Family may have discounts that include defensive driver, Steer into Savings, good student, accident-free, and air bags.
- Nationwide offers discounts including anti-theft, easy pay, accident-free, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, and good student.
- MetLife offers discounts for accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, good student
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including student driver, automatic seat belts, homeowners, good student, air bags, and defensive driver.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include distant student, business and professional, switch companies, multi-car, alternative fuel, and mature driver.
- Allstate has savings for EZ pay plan discount, good student, anti-lock brakes, new car, economy car, and premier plus.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in Aurora.
Insurance is available from local agents
Some consumers would rather buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in Aurora.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is sent to participating agents in Aurora who will give you quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
What type of Aurora auto insurance agent is right for you?
If you’re trying to find a reliable insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either type can write insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison. A lot of them also have access to companies that do not advertise much who may have lower rates.
Listed below are independent agents in Aurora that can possibly get you price quote information.
- L.A. Insurance Agency
9601 E Colfax Ave – Aurora, CO 80010 – (303) 577-2400 – View Map
- Amercian Affordable Insurance: Arthur Blaszczyszn
10660 E Bethany Dr – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 577-9998 – View Map
- BUD JUDY AGENCY, INC. (INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENCY)
2222 S Fraser St Unit 4 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 368-5839 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some insured continue to buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand legacy rather than low price.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Aurora willing to provide price quote information.
- Denise Smith – State Farm Insurance
1278 S Chambers Rd – Aurora, CO 80017 – (303) 343-3515 – View Map
- Stacy Nimmo – State Farm Insurance Agent
1399 S Havana St #201-G – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 364-6900 – View Map
- Melissa Kitowski – State Farm Insurance Agent
13750 E Rice Pl Ste 101 – Aurora, CO 80015 – (303) 680-6666 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Aurora?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
After receiving good answers to your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that is professional and can provide insurance coverage.
Having a good grasp of insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – This coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a bird and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Auto liability insurance – This provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/15 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as structural damage, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical services and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Colorado state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/15 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not be adequate.
Medical expense insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses for doctor visits, EMT expenses, nursing services, surgery and pain medications. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your TL resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail, hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible on your TL to bring the cost down.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Colorado drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/15 in Colorado), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Frequent quotes can save
You just learned many ideas to reduce Acura TL insurance car insurance rates online in Aurora. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Aurora car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with a small local company.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, policy non-renewal, policy cancellation or even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, finding a new auto insurance company is less work than it seems.
Discount Acura TL insurance in Aurora is attainable from both online companies and with local Aurora insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some auto insurance companies may not have rates over the internet and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read at these sites:
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Aurora? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Subaru Impreza in Aurora? (FAQ)
- How Much is Aurora Car Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)