The best way we recommend to find cheaper Lincoln MKC insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers who sell auto insurance in Aurora.
- Step 1: Try to learn about individual coverages and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as traffic citations and an imperfect credit score can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for instructions to help prevent high rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on MKC insurance. If you can save some money and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application to your new insurance company. Don’t forget to put the new certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. This guarantees a level playing field and the best price selection.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, a large majority of auto insurance policyholders in Colorado kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Many drivers in the U.S. can cut their rates by approximately $860 a year just by shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rates and save money.
Best Lincoln MKC insurance rates in Colorado
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Colorado. In order to find the best cheap auto insurance in Aurora, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Cheaper Aurora auto insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on auto insurance.
- Claim-Free Discount – Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you affordable Lincoln MKC insurance rates in Aurora.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on MKC insurance in Aurora.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will definitely reduce your premiums.
Car insurance companies that may have some of the above discounts possibly include:
Double check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not be offered in your state.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions can aid in determining if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Aurora car insurance agent
Some consumers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from small agencies is still important in Aurora.
By using this simple form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents in Aurora that can give you free Aurora car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to drive around because prices are sent directly to you. You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
When looking for a reliable insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agents in Aurora can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, we recommend you get several quotes from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with lesser-known insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Aurora that can give you free rate quotes.
- L.A. Insurance Agency
9601 E Colfax Ave – Aurora, CO 80010 – (303) 577-2400 – View Map
- Colorado Insurance Professionals, Inc.
13693 E Iliff Ave – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 755-8600 – View Map
- Dickson Insurance Agency
4093 S Olathe Ct – Aurora, CO 80013 – (303) 693-1936 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people use the same agent primarily because of the brand rather than low price.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Aurora willing to provide comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Rick Laikola Agency Inc.
3102 S Parker Rd Ste A16 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 696-2666 – View Map
- John Baer – State Farm Insurance Agent
6155 S Main St #240 – Aurora, CO 80016 – (303) 680-7777 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Danielle Shannon Agency
6820 S Liverpool St d – Aurora, CO 80016 – (303) 676-8071 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. Any good agent in Aurora should know the answers to these questions.
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
Once you have received answers to your satisfaction and locked in a price quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that meets the requirements to adequately provide insurance.
Car insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the normal coverages available from car insurance companies.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses such as ambulance fees, EMT expenses, hospital visits and doctor visits. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Lincoln MKC.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 25/50/15), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Auto liability insurance
This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see liability limits of 25/50/15 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $15,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims like repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds, medical services and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Colorado state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/15 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
This pays for damage to your MKC from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like backing into a parked car, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your MKC to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive car insurance
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding, falling objects and vandalism. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Find affordable car insurance rates by comparing often
Some insurance providers may not provide price quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agencies. The cheapest Lincoln MKC insurance in Aurora can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood Aurora agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
You just learned many tips how you can reduce Lincoln MKC insurance prices online in Aurora. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Aurora car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When you buy Aurora car insurance online, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- How Much is Aurora Car Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)