Are you looking for low-cost Volvo XC70 insurance in Aurora? If you are new to getting Aurora car insurance quotes online, by this point your are probably overwhelmed by the diversity of insurers who all claim to have the lowest rates for Volvo XC70 insurance in Aurora.
Steps to buying discount Volvo XC70 insurance in Aurora
The easiest way to get discount car insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers who sell insurance in Aurora.
- Try to learn about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher prices such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a poor credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives the details to lower rates and find additional discounts.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper XC70 coverage is available in Aurora. If you find better rates and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A crucial key to this process is to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get prices from all possible companies. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of Colorado auto insurance customers have bought auto insurance from the same company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. American insurance shoppers can cut their rates by roughly $859 a year, but they underestimate the amount of money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
When shopping for affordable Volvo XC70 insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare prices from many available car insurance companies in Colorado. The easiest way by far to find the cheapest Volvo XC70 insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
When comparison shopping, comparing more prices helps increase your odds of locating the best offered rates. Not every company provides Aurora XC70 insurance quotes online, so you should also compare price quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Colorado. To find the cheapest auto insurance in Aurora, CO, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Volvo XC70, more than likely the lender will require you to buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Volvo for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher price.
Third, auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rates each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Insurance analysis for a Volvo XC70
The premium table shown below outlines detailed analysis of rate quotes for Volvo XC70 models. Being more informed about how insurance prices are determined can help customers make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC70 3.2 AWD Station Wagon||$296||$546||$382||$22||$114||$1,360||$113|
|XC70 T6 AWD 4-Dr||$296||$630||$382||$22||$114||$1,444||$120|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect premiums considerably.
The chart below shows how different deductible levels and can influence Volvo XC70 insurance costs for each different age category. The premiums are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Volvo XC70 insurance costs by age and gender
The chart below illustrates the difference between Volvo XC70 annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or driving citations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Save with these ten discounts
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there may be some discounts that can help lower your rates. Most are applied when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before you get the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current XC70 insurance policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Paperless Signup – Many insurance companies provide a small discount for signing up over the internet.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Aurora car insurance quote.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Safety Course Discount – Passing a course teaching safe driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less may allow you to get discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle with the same insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
The illustration below shows the difference between Volvo XC70 insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the premium. The prices are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Colorado state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- State Farm has savings for defensive driving training, driver’s education, passive restraint, safe vehicle, and student away at school.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include exclusive group savings, multi-car, multi-policy, newly married, new move discount, hybrid vehicle, and good student.
- American Family includes discounts for good driver, accident-free, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, air bags, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for multi-car, homeowner, business and professional, good student, switch companies, pay in full, and youthful driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including paid in full, student away at school, anti-theft, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, mature driver, and group or association.
- SAFECO has discounts for safe driver, homeowner, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, and multi-car.
Before buying, ask each company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Aurora. If you would like to view insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Colorado, click here to view.