Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Colorado drivers could save an average of roughly 35% each year, but most just don’t grasp the big savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
Really, the only way to find discount Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Aurora is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Colorado. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Try to comprehend how insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many things that increase rates such as getting speeding tickets and a poor credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for instructions to get lower rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. Get quotes now
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Aurora. If you find better rates, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
An important part of this process is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Compare quotes for Aurora Volkswagen Atlas insurance
When price shopping your coverage, more quotes helps improve the odds of finding more affordable insurance. Some companies don’t provide Aurora Atlas insurance quotes online, so it’s necessary to compare prices on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Aurora, CO. To find cheaper auto insurance in Aurora, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Why you need auto insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Volkswagen Atlas in Aurora, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volkswagen Atlas has a lienholder, most banks will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Volkswagen for a lot more money and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $750 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to save money.
Slash rates with these eight rate reducing discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list all possible discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates. If you do not double check each discount available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable their company to track where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Accident Free – Aurora drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheap Atlas insurance.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Clubs and Organizations – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount when getting a Aurora car insurance quote.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of companies and some of the discounts include:
- The Hartford has savings for defensive driver, anti-theft, air bag, driver training, vehicle fuel type, bundle, and good student.
- American Family may have discounts that include good student, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, good driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, and good student.
- Travelers includes discounts for multi-policy, continuous insurance, student away at school, good student, multi-car, hybrid/electric vehicle, and early quote.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for business and professional, electronic funds transfer, switch companies, distant student, teen driver, pay in full, and good student.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including vehicle storage, family discount, new vehicle, defensive driver, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for multi-car, teen driver discount, new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, newly retired, and new graduate.
Check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in your area. To see a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Colorado, click here to view.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Aurora insurance agents?
Some consumers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is submitted to agents in your area that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. You’ll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider should include more criteria than just a cheap price. A good agent in Aurora will have answers to these questions.
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Aurora?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
If you need to find a local Aurora insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they work. Insurance agencies can either be exclusive or independent.
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand name rather than low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Aurora who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Bob Massie – State Farm Insurance Agent
15290 E 6th Ave #220 – Aurora, CO 80011 – (303) 364-8298 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Patricia Rusho
13780 E Rice Pl #112 – Aurora, CO 80015 – (303) 317-2411 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Mark Graham
1450 S Havana St Ste 308 – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 755-2600 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents do not sell for just one brand and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you. If you need cheaper insurance rates, we recommend you include price quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of who may have lower rates.
Below are independent insurance agents in Aurora that can give you rate quotes.
- Dickson Insurance Agency
4093 S Olathe Ct – Aurora, CO 80013 – (303) 693-1936 – View Map
- A Complete Home and Auto Insurance Agency
1080 S Sable Blvd – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 344-2886 – View Map
- Focus Insurance Agency
2993 S Peoria St #144 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 695-6220 – View Map
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Specific coverage details
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as falling objects, hitting a deer, vandalism and hail damage. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability auto insurance – Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/15 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $15,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims like medical expenses, pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects, loss of income and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Colorado requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/15 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Coverage for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills for chiropractic care, X-ray expenses and pain medications. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible on your Atlas to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Colorado drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 25/50/15), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
Some car insurance companies may not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agents. Budget-friendly car insurance in Aurora can be bought on the web and also from your neighborhood Aurora agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to compare Volkswagen Atlas insurance auto insurance rates in Aurora. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers may even find the best auto insurance rates are with an unexpected company.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, delays in paying claims, unfair underwriting practices or even high prices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right car insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
Other learning opportunities
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Teachers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- How Much are Aurora Auto Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)