Unthinkable but true, most insurance buyers in Colorado kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Many drivers in the U.S. could cut their rates by $859 a year, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they replace their high priced policy.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get affordable Suzuki Forenza insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Aurora.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about how your policy works and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that drive up the price like speeding tickets, careless driving and a not-so-good credit score can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new policy. Once received, put the new certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use identical coverage information on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Finding a better price on car insurance is actually easier than you may think. All you need to do is take a few minutes comparing rates provided by online insurance companies.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it replaces the need to waste gas driving to each insurance agency near you. The ability to buy insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you’re the type of person who wants the guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Drivers can compare the best prices online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide quotes in Colorado. To buy cheap car insurance in Aurora, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Lower-cost Aurora auto insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be significant discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be asked about in order for you to get them. If you don’t get every credit available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get lower auto insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Seniors may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce your policy cost.
A list of auto insurance companies and their possible discounts include:
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including federal employee, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, membership and employees, air bags, and seat belt use.
- USAA offers discounts including multi-vehicle, loyalty savings, annual mileage, family discount, defensive driver, and driver training.
- Progressive has savings for good student, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- American Family may offer discounts for accident-free, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, air bags, and bundled insurance.
- Esurance includes discounts for multi-car, renters, Pac-12 alumni, claim free, paid-in-full, Switch & Save, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include good student, electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, teen driver, homeowner, and mature driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for accident-free, good driver, defensive driving training, multiple autos, student away at school, and passive restraint.
Double check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not be offered in your area. For a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Aurora, click here to view.
Auto insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Suzuki, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Suzuki at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Forenza definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in America is wasting up to $750 every year so shop around at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When it comes to buying a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your auto insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Suzuki Forenza?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Insurance agent or online?
Many people would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Most agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent. And buying from small agencies is important especially in Aurora.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you need to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
If you want to buy car insurance from local Aurora agents, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that you can select. Agents in Aurora can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can sell affordable car insurance policies, but we need to point out how they differ since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agents can quote rates with many companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you. When comparing rates, you will want to include a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Aurora that can give you pricing information.
Focus Insurance Agency
2993 S Peoria St #144 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 695-6220 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Aurora willing to provide price quote information.
Selecting an insurance agency requires more thought than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Are they full-time agents?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Comprehensive coverages – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like rock chips in glass, damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane and vandalism. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Auto liability insurance – This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/15 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $15,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as structural damage, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, legal defense fees, bail bonds and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Colorado state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/15 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The next chart demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Collision – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Forenza resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your Forenza to bring the cost down.
Coverage for medical payments – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for expenses like nursing services, doctor visits, X-ray expenses, EMT expenses and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Suzuki Forenza.
Since many Colorado drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 25/50/15), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.