It’s astonishing, but the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,813, Colorado drivers could cut their rates by as much as 35% a year just by shopping around, but they don’t know the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a cheaper policy.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get cheaper Suzuki Aerio insurance in Aurora is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Colorado. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how companies set rates and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a negative credit rating can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Read the full article for tips to find cheap prices and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new carrier. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of this process is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Compare quotes for Aurora Suzuki Aerio insurance
To find more affordable prices, there are a couple of ways of comparing rates from different Aurora insurance companies. The simplest method to find competitive Suzuki Aerio insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to physically go to insurance agents’ offices. The fact that you can get quotes online makes this process obsolete unless you require the professional abilities that only an agent can give. Some companies do allow you to price shop your coverage online but buy from a local insurance agent.
When quoting car insurance, remember that more quotes increases your odds of finding the best offered rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide price estimates online, so it’s recommended that you also compare rates from those companies as well.
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in Aurora, CO. To get cheaper auto insurance in Aurora, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Discount Aurora auto insurance rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before being credited.
- Anti-theft System – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- E-sign – Many larger companies may give you up to $50 for signing up on the internet.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower auto insurance rates.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
Remember that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky. But any discount will help lower the premium cost.
A list of auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- American Family offers discounts for TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, defensive driver, good student, mySafetyValet, and air bags.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for 55 and retired, multi-policy, safe driver, youthful driver, good student, renewal discount, and driver training.
- State Farm has savings for good driver, safe vehicle, student away at school, multiple policy, anti-theft, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Travelers may include discounts for new car, payment discounts, continuous insurance, good student, save driver, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- The Hartford includes discounts for anti-theft, driver training, bundle, vehicle fuel type, good student, defensive driver, and air bag.
- GEICO offers discounts including membership and employees, multi-policy, seat belt use, military active duty, anti-theft, federal employee, and five-year accident-free.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, and online signing.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Suzuki Aerio rate quotes, ask each insurance company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in Aurora. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that offer some of these discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
Buying insurance from Aurora auto insurance agents
Some people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and we recommend doing that An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting small agencies is important especially in Aurora.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Aurora that can provide free Aurora car insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to your email. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
When searching for a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agents in Aurora are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agents in Aurora that can possibly get you free rate quotes.
A All City Auto Insurance
9720 E Colfax Ave – Aurora, CO 80010 – (303) 364-0555 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are highly trained on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Aurora who can help you get price quotes.
Stan Kellogg – State Farm Insurance Agent
15434 E Orchard Rd – Aurora, CO 80016 – (303) 699-2288 – View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Colorado?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
Smart Consumers Can Cut Insurance Costs
Many factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but some are more obscure such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
Listed below are some of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
- Getting married pays dividends – Having a significant other can get you a discount on insurance. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are less irresponsible and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
- Cheaper insurance rates for prior coverage – Not maintaining insurance is against the law and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Combining policies can get discounts – Most companies apply discounts to buyers that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, drivers will still want to shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates. Drivers may still save more without the discount by buying insurance from a different company.
- Certain jobs pay higher premiums – Jobs such as military personnel, air traffic controllers, and accountants tend to have higher premium rates due to job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, jobs like farmers, historians and performers pay the least.
- Use credit responsibly and save – Having a bad credit rating factor in calculating your premium rate. People with good credit tend to be more responsible than drivers who have poor credit. So if your credit rating is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Suzuki Aerio by improving your rating.
- Drive a fast car and pay more – The performance of the car or truck you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Low comp and collision deductibles cost more – Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your Suzuki. Examples of covered claims are a dented fender, damage caused by hail, and burglary. Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The larger the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Suzuki Aerio insurance, car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Aerio, more than likely the lender will force you to buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Suzuki at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Suzuki. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $825 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Some insurance companies may not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies. Low-cost Suzuki Aerio insurance in Aurora is available online in addition to local insurance agencies, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
We just showed you a lot of information how to compare Suzuki Aerio insurance prices in Aurora. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding affordable Suzuki Aerio insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices are with a small mutual company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)