The recommended way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Aurora is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Colorado. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
First, it will benefit you to learn about how your policy works and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many things that drive up the price such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides additional ideas to get cheaper coverage and get additional discounts.
Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Aurora. If you find a better price, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One tip to remember is to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get rates from every company you can. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. People who get price quotes annually will presumably move their business because there are good odds of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent study showed that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved on average $865 a year compared to those who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding budget-friendly insurance in Aurora is your target objective, then having some insight into how to quote and compare coverage rates can make shopping around easier.
Components of Your Subaru WRX Insurance Costs
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that aid in calculating auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
- Big cities have higher premiums – Living in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when talking about auto insurance. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers who live in large Colorado cities have to deal with more traffic problems and longer commute times. More time on the road translates into higher accident risk.
- Older drivers are lower risk – Older people are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable. Inexperience drivers are known to be less responsible in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
- Performance influences costs – The make and model of the vehicle you drive makes a big difference in the rate you pay. The lowest base rates are generally reserved for the lowest performance passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Consolidate home and auto and save – The majority of insurers will give a discount for people who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to get quotes from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Prevent your car from being stolen – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Systems that thwart thieves like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
- Insurance rates for married couples – Being married may cut your premiums when buying auto insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more stable financially and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Liability coverage safeguards assets – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage will protect you if ever you are found to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Women tend to take less risk – Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Both sexes are responsible for accidents in similar numbers, but the males have accidents that have higher claims. They also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
Claims statistics for a Subaru WRX – Insurers analyze historical claim data to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that statistically have increased losses will have a higher premium rate.
The table below outlines the loss history for Subaru WRX vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Values that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Subaru WRX Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru WRX 4WD 141 82 158 94 81 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Subaru WRX insurance quotes comparison
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Aurora, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Why you need auto insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Subaru in Aurora, auto insurance is required in Colorado but it also protects you in many ways.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Subaru WRX has a loan, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Subaru at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, auto insurance preserves not only your Subaru WRX but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Subaru as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $810 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Auto insurance companies don’t list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Aurora car insurance online. If you don’t get every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn cheaper car insurance rates.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application on the web.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a defensive driving class could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you could get a free car insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Popular car insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm includes discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, driver’s education, and safe vehicle.
- Esurance offers discounts including Switch & Save, homeowner, good driver, DriveSense, safety device, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and online signing.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for new vehicle discount, good student, multi-policy, teen driver discount, new graduate, and preferred payment discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for anti-theft, good student, paid in full, safe vehicle, and mature driver.
- GEICO discounts include five-year accident-free, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, seat belt use, military active duty, and anti-theft.
When quoting, ask every company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Aurora. To see a list of companies who offer discounts in Aurora, click here.
Are insurance agencies obsolete?
Certain consumers still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent. Supporting local agencies is important particularly in Aurora.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Aurora who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you have a need to compare prices for a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
When finding local Aurora agents, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they function. Aurora agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can do a good job, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you compare prices from a few independent agents to maximize your price options. Many can place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of which could offer lower prices.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Aurora that may be able to provide price quote information.
- Premier Insurance
2241 S Peoria St # 202 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 337-3600 – View Map
- BUD JUDY AGENCY, INC. (INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENCY)
2222 S Fraser St Unit 4 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 368-5839 – View Map
- A Complete Auto Insurance Agency
543 Sable Blvd – Aurora, CO 80011 – (303) 650-0060 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents work for only one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents partially due to high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
The following are Aurora exclusive agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- Bill Mahaffy III – State Farm Insurance Agent
15281 E Smoky Hill Rd – Aurora, CO 80015 – (720) 886-0400 – View Map
- Rick Simmons – State Farm Insurance Agent
14571 E Mississippi Ave – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 369-4100 – View Map
- Lawrence Neal – State Farm Insurance Agent
15037 E Colfax Ave k – Aurora, CO 80011 – (303) 340-8849 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are they full-time agents?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
One last note
Lower-priced car insurance in Aurora can be bought from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not offer the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents.
When searching for inexpensive Aurora car insurance quotes, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
We just covered many ideas to save on Subaru WRX insurance in Aurora. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding low cost Aurora car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
More information can be found at the links below
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- How Much are Aurora Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students? (FAQ)
- How Much are Aurora Auto Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota 4Runner in Aurora? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)