It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Insureds who shop for lower rates are very likely to switch car insurance companies because of the good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent car insurance study discovered that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved approximately $70 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the lowest price on car insurance in Aurora is why you’re here, then learning about the best ways to find and compare insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get discount Subaru Outback insurance in Aurora is to compare quotes annually from different companies that sell auto insurance in Colorado. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to comprehend how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many factors that result in higher prices such as multiple speeding tickets and your credit history can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives additional ideas to help keep prices low and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new company or agent. Immediately upon receiving it, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Affordable car insurance in Aurora, CO
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Aurora, CO. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Statistics and details
The rate information displayed below showcases detailed analysis of rate quotes for Subaru Outback models. Having insight into how auto insurance policy rates are established can assist in making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outback 2.5I Premium||$278||$420||$362||$22||$108||$1,190||$99|
|Outback 2.5I Limited||$278||$420||$362||$22||$108||$1,190||$99|
|Outback 3.6R Premium||$278||$420||$362||$22||$108||$1,190||$99|
|Outback 3.6R Limited||$310||$496||$362||$22||$108||$1,298||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Information does not factor in specific garaging location which can modify premium rates considerably.
The example below shows how different deductible levels and can change Subaru Outback yearly insurance costs for each different age category. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance rates based on gender
The information below shows the comparison of Subaru Outback insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The information below illustrates the comparison of Subaru Outback annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Colorado. The premium estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no definitive guideline of when to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Subaru Outback replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $600 annually for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not buy liability only.
How Your Outback Insurance Prices are Determined
Multiple criteria are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but others are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower premium levels.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces used by companies to determine premiums.
- Your location is important – Living in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Lower population corresponds to lower accident rates and lower theft and vandalism rates. People in densely populated areas have traffic congestion and more time behind the wheel. More time on the road translates into higher accident risk.
- When should you not file policy claims? – Insurance companies in Colorado generally give lower rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Long commutes cost more – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles left parked in the garage cost less to insure compared to those used for work or business. It’s always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance declarations sheet correctly shows annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having the wrong rating on your Outback can result in significantly higher rates.
Performance makes a difference – The performance of the car you own makes a substantial difference in your premium level. The lowest rates are usually for small economy passenger vehicles, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The following data assumes a single female driver age 50, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Subaru Outback insurance premiums compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of performance rating factors.
Insurance loss data for a Subaru Outback – Insurance companies use historical loss data to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Vehicles that have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more to insure.
The data below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Subaru Outback vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Subaru Outback Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru Outback 4WD 58 68 106 63 64 68 Subaru Outback with Eyesight 4WD 57 46 106 61 58 40BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts for affordable car insurance quotes
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list all discounts very clearly, so we break down both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Aurora auto insurance online.
- Early Switch Discount – Some larger companies reward drivers for signing up early. It can save you around 10%.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Paper-free Discount – Many insurance companies may give you up to $50 get Aurora auto insurance on the internet.
- Multi-line Discount – Larger car insurance companies have lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Teen drivers should participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Aurora auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Aurora is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you could get a free car insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Subaru Outback premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The information is based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Colorado state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that may offer some of the above discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some credits might not apply in Aurora. To choose providers that offer some of these discounts in Aurora, click this link.
Do I need an agent?
Many people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to companies in Aurora who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent immediately to your email address. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choosing a provider should include more criteria than just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reputable agency, there are two different agency structures to choose from. Aurora agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Aurora who can help you get price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents do not sell for just one brand and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, you will definitely want to get several quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Aurora that can give you price quote information.
A Complete Auto Insurance Agency
543 Sable Blvd – Aurora, CO 80011 – (303) 650-0060 – View Map
Ratings for Aurora auto insurance companies
Buying coverage from the highest-rated company is difficult considering how many companies sell coverage in Colorado. The ranking information below could help you select which coverage providers to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Cheaper insurance rates are possible
When searching for the cheapest Subaru Outback rate quotes, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
More affordable insurance in Aurora can be bought from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not have the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for 16 Year Olds in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)