Statistics show that 70% of consumers have been with the same company for at least four years, and nearly half have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Aurora drivers can cut their rates by 35% a year just by shopping around, but they don’t understand how simple it is to find affordable auto insurance rates.
The recommended way to find more affordable Subaru Forester insurance in Aurora is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers in Colorado. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- First, learn about car insurance and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as speeding and a not-so-good credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new coverage. Once the application is submitted, keep your new certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A tip to remember is to try to compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
How Insurance Companies Determine Subaru Forester Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
Obey driving laws and save – Having a clean driving record influences premium rates substantially. Only having one speeding ticket could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Attentive drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. People who have dangerous citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and fender-benders influence Subaru Forester insurance premiums for each different age category. The premiums are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
- Low mileage costs less – The more you drive each year the higher your rate. Almost all companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s a good idea to make sure your car insurance policy reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money. Having the wrong rating on your Forester is throwing money out the window.
- No policy lapses lowers premiums – Driving your car without having proper coverage can get your license suspended and companies may charge more for letting your insurance coverage expire. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Eliminate unneeded add-on coverages – Policies have extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying car insurance. Insurance for things like rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness, and extra life insurance coverage are some examples. They may seem like a good idea initially, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
- Don’t skimp on liability – The liability section of your policy will protect you in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Women tend to be lower risk – Over time, data shows that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean females are better at driving than males. They both get in fender benders at about the same rate, but males tend to have more serious accidents. They also receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
The example below compares Subaru Forester yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Subaru Forester insurance loss statistics – Companies use past insurance losses when determining insurance prices. Vehicles that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below outlines the collected loss data for Subaru Forester vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentages above 100 point to more losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Subaru Forester Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru Forester 4dr 4WD 71 80 108 72 76 68 Subaru Forester 4dr 4WD with Eyesight 74 66 118 77 78 53BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance coverage analysis
The rate table shown next highlights different coverage prices for Subaru Forester models. Having a good grasp of how insurance quotes are established can assist in making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Forester X AWD||$242||$362||$304||$18||$92||$1,018||$85|
|Forester X Premium AWD||$242||$362||$304||$18||$92||$1,018||$85|
|Forester X Premium AWP AWD||$242||$362||$304||$18||$92||$1,018||$85|
|Forester X Limited Edition AWD||$270||$362||$304||$18||$92||$1,046||$87|
|Forester X Limited Edition W/Navigation AWD||$270||$426||$304||$18||$92||$1,110||$93|
|Forester XT AWD||$270||$426||$304||$18||$92||$1,110||$93|
|Forester XT Limited Edition AWD||$270||$426||$304||$18||$92||$1,110||$93|
|Forester XT Limited Edition W/Navigation AWD||$270||$426||$304||$18||$92||$1,110||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific location information which can influence insurance rates greatly.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only in Aurora
The chart below compares Subaru Forester annual premium costs with full coverage compared to only the Colorado minimum liability coverage. The premium estimates are based on no violations or claims, $100 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There isn’t a written rule to delete comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Subaru Forester replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing you more than $600 annually for full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not remove full coverage.
Affordable Aurora car insurance rates with discounts
Some companies don’t always list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to track driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your next car insurance statement.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger online companies provide a small discount for buying your policy digitally online.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Multi-line Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a discounted car insurance rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 25 to 30%.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride. But all discounts will lower your policy cost.
The chart below compares Subaru Forester premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The data assumes a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Colorado state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- AAA offers discounts for pay-in-full, multi-policy, multi-car, good driver, good student, and anti-theft.
- Progressive has savings for good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, and homeowner.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for defensive driving training, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, passive restraint, and student away at school.
- Esurance includes discounts for online quote, online shopper, good student, anti-lock brakes, safety device, DriveSense, and homeowner.
- Nationwide discounts include anti-theft, defensive driving, accident-free, business or organization, and multi-policy.
When getting free Aurora auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Savings may not apply in Aurora.
Car insurance savings summarized
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can reduce Subaru Forester insurance rates online in Aurora. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best rates are with the least-expected company. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
When getting Aurora auto insurance quotes online, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced full coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
To read more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- How Much are Aurora Auto Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Aurora? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Traverse in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Active Military in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Ride Shares in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)