It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Insureds who shop around at least once a year will probably switch to a new company because there is a good probability of finding a policy with better rates. A study discovered that drivers who compared rates annually saved an average of $860 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Aurora is your intention, knowing the best ways to shop for coverages can make it easier for you to save money.
The most effective way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from insurers who sell auto insurance in Aurora. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Get an understanding of how car insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause rate increases like careless driving and poor credit rating can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for tips to help reduce premium rates and find missing discounts.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Crosstrek insurance. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment for your new coverage. Make sure you safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
The easiest way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to realize auto insurance companies have advanced systems to compare rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide information including your education level, driver ages, if you have an active license, and if it has an anti-theft system. That information is sent automatically to many of the top insurers and they provide comparison quotes within a short period of time.
To get price quotes for your Subaru Crosstrek now, click here and enter your zip code.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Colorado. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Aurora, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
These discounts can cut Subaru Crosstrek insurance rates
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like State Farm and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a specific time period.
- Telematics Data – Drivers that enable their car insurance company to study their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of more than 20%.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Aurora auto insurance quote.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class if offered at their school.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, and online signing.
- AAA has discounts for good driver, good student, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for youthful driver, homeowner, switch companies, bundle discounts, and good student.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, membership and employees, air bags, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, and military active duty.
- Esurance may include discounts for good driver, multi-car, homeowner, renters, good student, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO has savings for anti-theft, homeowner, drive less, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, multi-car, and safe driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple autos, passive restraint, student away at school, good driver, and defensive driving training.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not be offered everywhere. For a list of companies with the best Subaru Crosstrek insurance discounts in Aurora, click here.
Local Aurora insurance agencies
Many drivers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Aurora that provide free Aurora auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home because prices are sent instantly to you. If you need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an insurer shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
If you want to use a local agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents that you can choose from. Aurora agents are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can handle car insurance, but it’s good to learn the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people buy insurance from these agents primarily because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Aurora that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Mark Graham
1450 S Havana St Ste 308 – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 755-2600 – View Map
- Bob Massie – State Farm Insurance Agent
15290 E 6th Ave #220 – Aurora, CO 80011 – (303) 364-8298 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Richard Ahrenkiel
2260 S Xanadu Way Ste 257 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 750-6508 – View Map
Agents of this type are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you get quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with companies you’ve never heard of which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Aurora that can give you price quote information.
- Focus Insurance Agency
2993 S Peoria St #144 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 695-6220 – View Map
- All Drivers Insurance
12142 E Mississippi Ave – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 695-1000 – View Map
- A All City Auto Insurance
9720 E Colfax Ave – Aurora, CO 80010 – (303) 364-0555 – View Map
Insurance agents can help
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your insurance should unique, too.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if you could use an agent’s help.
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- What if I total my Subaru Crosstrek and owe more than it’s worth?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Why You Might Pay Increased Rates in Aurora
Many things are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but some are less apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes some of the most common factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
- Lower prices with alarms and GPS tracking – Choosing to buy a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent auto theft.
- Why do you need liability coverage? – The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection if a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Your gender affects premiums – Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. They both have auto accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Male teenagers generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Your address can push rates up or down – Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have more aggressive driving styles and longer commutes to work. Less people means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure – Safe vehicles tend to be cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can result in lower premiums. If your Subaru Crosstrek has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may be receiving a better rate.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Colorado
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Subaru in Aurora, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Subaru Crosstrek, most lenders will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Subaru at an extremely high rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves your Subaru Crosstrek and your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in Colorado is overpaying over $750 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Cheap auto insurance premiums are possible
We just covered a lot of tips how to get a better price on Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Aurora. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Aurora auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from a small mutual company. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More affordable auto insurance in Aurora is available both online as well as from independent agents in Aurora, so you need to shop Aurora auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers work with local independent agencies.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Aurora? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Subaru Impreza in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota 4Runner in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)