It’s safe to assume that insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Drivers who shop around once a year are likely to switch companies because there are good odds of finding a more affordable policy premium. A survey found that people who regularly compared rates saved as much as $860 a year compared to those who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance is your ultimate target, understanding how to shop and compare car insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
The best way we recommend to get affordable Volvo V90 insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers in Aurora.
- Try to learn about policy coverages and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as traffic citations, accidents, and a poor credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies. Select a company
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to compare as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
Verify you’re getting every discount
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but a few must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on V90 insurance in Aurora.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with multiple cars on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Early Switch Discount – A few larger companies allow discounts for renewing your policy before your current V90 insurance policy expires. You may see this discount when you get Aurora car insurance quotes online.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Aurora may earn you a small savings since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Aurora and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Smart Student Discounts – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
To locate insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Aurora, click here.
All major insurance companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive give prices online. Getting Volvo V90 insurance prices online is quite easy as all you need to do is type in the amount of coverage you want into the form. After the form is submitted, the company’s rating system requests information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price based on many factors.
Using the web to get quotes for Volvo V90 insurance in Aurora makes it simple to compare prices and it’s absolutely necessary to do this if you want to find affordable insurance pricing.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you enter coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. This ensures you will get an apples-to-apples comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Colorado. If you want to find the best cheap auto insurance in CO, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Will my Volvo V90 be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Compare rates but still have a local Aurora insurance agency
A small number of people prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent. And supporting neighborhood agents is important particularly in Aurora.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Aurora that provide free Aurora car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
If you need to find a local agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agents in Aurora are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both sell and service insurance coverage, but it is a good idea to know why they differ since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing insurance prices, we recommend you get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. Most have the option of insuring with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below are independent agents in Aurora who can help you get competitive price quotes.
- BUD JUDY AGENCY, INC. (INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENCY)
2222 S Fraser St Unit 4 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 368-5839 – View Map
- A Complete Home and Auto Insurance Agency
1080 S Sable Blvd – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 344-2886 – View Map
- ALINK Insurance Services
3033 S Parker Rd #120 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 752-6479 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents primarily because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are exclusive agents in Aurora who can help you get price quote information.
- American Family Insurance – Daniel Kane
1730 S Abilene St # I-201 – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 873-1277 – View Map
- Lawrence Neal – State Farm Insurance Agent
15037 E Colfax Ave k – Aurora, CO 80011 – (303) 340-8849 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Bernard Demichelis
15062 E Mississippi Ave – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 750-5555 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Colorado?
Why you need to buy insurance
Despite the high cost, buying insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your V90, most lenders will require that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Volvo at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Volvo gets damaged, your insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $820 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Insurance coverage basics
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses like dental work, nursing services and EMT expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 25/50/15 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as funeral expenses, pain and suffering, structural damage, legal defense fees and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Colorado state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The chart below shows why low liability limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your V90 caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sideswiping another vehicle, driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible on your V90 to bring the cost down.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (Colorado limits are 25/50/15), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from flooding, rock chips in glass and vandalism. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
The cheapest Volvo V90 insurance in Aurora can be bought online and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Aurora car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not provide price quotes online and these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost.
More learning opportunities
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)