It’s well known that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. People who shop around for the cheapest price are inclined to move their business because of the high probability of finding more affordable rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who shopped around annually saved about $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest rates on Volvo S90 insurance is your ultimate target, then understanding how to quote and compare insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
To save the most money, the best way to get budget Volvo S90 insurance in Aurora is to compare prices annually from providers that insure vehicles in Colorado. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Read about coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new coverage. Once the application is submitted, keep the new proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on each price quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
The best way to compare policy rates for Volvo S90 insurance in Aurora is to know the fact all the major auto insurance companies provide online access to provide you with free rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide information such as if you went to college, if you have a valid license, how much coverage you want, and if you require a SR-22. The data is instantly provided to multiple insurance providers and you receive quotes very quickly.
To compare multiple company lower-cost Volvo S90 insurance rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Aurora, CO. To find cheap auto insurance in Colorado, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volvo S90 in Aurora, auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your S90 has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Volvo at a more expensive rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Volvo S90 but also your financial assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver overpays more than $820 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Components of Your Volvo S90 Insurance Premiums
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand a few of the rating criteria that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
- Vocation can influence premiums – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupations like real estate brokers, executives, and medical professionals generally pay the highest rates because of intense work-related stress and long work days. Other jobs such as actors, athletes and homemakers pay the least.
- Don’t buy incidental coverages that may not be needed – There are many extra add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t careful. Things like roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Big city or small town – Being located in less populated areas may provide you with better prices if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. Fewer people translates into fewer accident claims.
- Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower injury rates means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Cheaper prices using alarm systems – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart thieves like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent car theft.
- Which gender costs less? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean females are better drivers. Both sexes tend to get into auto accidents in similar percentages, but the males get into accidents with more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
- Save money by having multiple policies – Some companies afford a discount to buyers who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, consumers should still compare Volvo S90 rates in Aurora to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Lower-cost Aurora car insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but some must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Renewal Discounts – Select insurance companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current S90 insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in Aurora may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies permit an accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Theft Deterrent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Resident Student – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Aurora and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic. But any discount will bring down your policy cost.
Some of the insurance companies that have some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts might not apply everywhere.
Buying from insurance agencies
Many people still like to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find lower premium rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information gets sent to companies in Aurora who will give you quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to compare rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Aurora?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Aurora?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
When finding a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents that you can choose from. Auto insurance agents in Aurora are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Some people will only choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the brand rather than low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Aurora who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- State Farm Insurance Agency – Jason Hart
15201 E Moncrieff Pl e – Aurora, CO 80011 – (720) 920-9043 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Mario J Morales
14241 E 4th Ave #305 – Aurora, CO 80011 – (303) 366-6800 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jeff Heinrich
5001 S Parker Rd – Aurora, CO 80015 – (303) 773-2019 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you. When comparing auto insurance prices, it’s recommended you contact independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Many can place coverage with smaller companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Aurora willing to provide rate quotes.
- BUD JUDY AGENCY, INC. (INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENCY)
2222 S Fraser St Unit 4 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 368-5839 – View Map
- Amercian Affordable Insurance: Arthur Blaszczyszn
10660 E Bethany Dr – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 577-9998 – View Map
- Dickson Insurance Agency
4093 S Olathe Ct – Aurora, CO 80013 – (303) 693-1936 – View Map
Quote often and quote early
We just showed you a lot of information how to reduce Volvo S90 insurance premium rates online in Aurora. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from a small mutual company.
Some insurance companies do not provide rate quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents. Budget-conscious Volvo S90 insurance can be bought both online as well as from independent agents in Aurora, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
As you quote Aurora car insurance, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
To learn more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Aurora? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Retired Military in Aurora? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tacoma in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- How Much are Aurora Car Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)