How long has it been since you shopped around for low-cost car insurance rates in Aurora, CO? Aurora consumers have options when looking for low-cost Nissan Xterra insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents to compare prices or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are both good and bad ways to find car insurance online so you’re going to learn the quickest way to compare rates for a new or used Nissan and get the lowest possible price either online or from Aurora insurance agents.
You need to take a look at other company’s rates before your policy renews because prices are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the lowest quotes on Nissan Xterra insurance in Aurora last year there may be better deals available now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding Xterra insurance online, but you can learn some solid techniques on how to lower your car insurance bill.
Best Nissan Xterra insurance rate quotes in Colorado
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Colorado. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Aurora, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rates and statistics
The premium table shown next covers a range of rate quotes for Nissan Xterra models. Understanding more about how insurance policy rates are figured is important for drivers to make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Xterra X 2WD||$166||$232||$368||$22||$110||$898||$75|
|Xterra S 2WD||$166||$232||$368||$22||$110||$898||$75|
|Xterra S 4WD||$166||$232||$368||$22||$110||$898||$75|
|Xterra X 4WD||$166||$232||$368||$22||$110||$898||$75|
|Xterra Off Road 4WD||$190||$298||$368||$22||$110||$988||$82|
|Xterra SE 2WD||$190||$298||$368||$22||$110||$988||$82|
|Xterra SE 4WD||$190||$298||$368||$22||$110||$988||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates substantially.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Nissan Xterra insurance rates for each age group. The costs are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Why Informed Drivers Pay Less for Nissan Xterra Insurance
Many different elements are used when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but some are not quite as obvious like where you live or your commute time.
The itemized list below are a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
Insurance is expensive for teen drivers – More experienced drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers. Beginning drivers are proven to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
The chart below uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Don’t skimp on liability coverage – Liability insurance will afford coverage if ever you are responsible for damages from an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Costs also based on gender – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. However, this does not mean females are better drivers. They both get in at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but males get into accidents with more damage. Men also tend to receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Teenage male drivers have the highest risk to insure so it costs more to insure them.
The information below illustrates the difference between Nissan Xterra insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Avoid tickets and save – How you drive influences premium rates substantially. Even a single citation could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have serious tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
The diagram below shows how violations and at-fault fender-benders drive up Nissan Xterra insurance premiums for each different age category. The costs are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Nissan Xterra statistical loss data – Insurance companies factor in insurance loss information to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more to insure. The table below outlines the historical insurance loss data for Nissan Xterra vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage values above 100 point to more claims or statistically larger claims.
Nissan Xterra Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Xterra 4dr 2WD 57 95 45 Nissan Xterra 4dr 4WD 62 100 63 59 77 86BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discount Aurora auto insurance quotes
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you can get discounts to help bring down the price. Some of these discounts will be visible when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy with one insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates as compared to bad drivers.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Paper-free Discount – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down on your Nissan may allow you to get lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Nissan Xterra insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The costs are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Colorado state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
To view providers with the best Nissan Xterra insurance discounts in Aurora in Colorado, click here to view.
When to contact a local insurance agent
A lot of people would rather sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find better rates but also keep your business local. Supporting local insurance agencies is important especially in Aurora.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Aurora who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you need to find a reliable insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they function. Agents in Aurora are considered either exclusive or independent. Either type can handle insurance, but it is important to understand the difference between them because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which can be an advantage.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Aurora who may be able to give you rate quotes.
- A Complete Home and Auto Insurance Agency
1080 S Sable Blvd – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 344-2886 – View Map
- Amercian Affordable Insurance: Arthur Blaszczyszn
10660 E Bethany Dr – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 577-9998 – View Map
- MG Insurance Brokers Llc
2600 S Parker Rd # 263 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 309-6200 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only provide one company’s prices such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are trained well on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people use the same agent primarily because of the brand instead of buying on price only.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Aurora who can help you get price quote information.
- Jody Roberts – State Farm Insurance Agent
15260 E Hampden Ave – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 693-1650 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Patricia Rusho
13780 E Rice Pl #112 – Aurora, CO 80015 – (303) 317-2411 – View Map
- Mike Gibbs – State Farm Insurance Agent
3140 S Parker Rd #2 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 699-2800 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Does their agency support local causes in Aurora?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Aurora?
Best car insurance in Colorado
Ending up with the best company is hard considering how many different companies sell coverage in Colorado. The ranking information shown next can help you pick which providers you want to consider putting your business with.
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Do I just need basic coverages?
When quoting and choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is the minimum liability in Colorado?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Colorado?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Should I buy only the required Colorado minimum liability coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Quote often and quote early
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can get a better price on Nissan Xterra insurance in Aurora. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
When getting Aurora car insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped collision coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
How to buy affordable Nissan Xterra insurance in Aurora
If you want to save money, the best way to find cheaper prices for Nissan Xterra insurance in Aurora is to do an annual price comparison from companies in Colorado.
- Take a little time to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and an unacceptable credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new policy. Make sure you keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
A crucial key to this process is to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Aurora Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)