Truthfully, the best way to save on Lincoln Continental insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Aurora. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, spend some time learning about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a poor credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new insurer. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
An essential thing to point out is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rates from all possible companies. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Most drivers in Aurora could save about 35% every year, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rates and save money.
Best companies for Lincoln Continental insurance
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in Aurora, CO. To get the best auto insurance in Colorado, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Aurora auto insurance rates
Some insurers don’t list all their discounts very well, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Paperless Signup – A few auto insurance companies give back up to $50 get Aurora auto insurance on your computer.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in high school.
- College Student – Children who are attending college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Aurora auto insurance quote.
Remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To find companies with the best discounts in Colorado, click here.
When to get professional advice
When quoting and choosing coverage for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Aurora?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Lincoln Continental?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Auto insurance agents near you
Certain consumers prefer to buy from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you can get lower rates but also keep your business local.
By using this short form, your coverage information is sent to companies in Aurora who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurer shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Aurora?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
When looking for a local Aurora insurance agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agents in Aurora can either be exclusive or independent.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominent brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Aurora that can give you rate quotes.
- Paul Macaluso – State Farm Insurance Agent
Ste A6, 16911 E Quincy Ave – Aurora, CO 80015 – (303) 690-6700 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Norma Contreras
4272 S Chambers Rd – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 699-3327 – View Map
- Lawrence Neal – State Farm Insurance Agent
15037 E Colfax Ave k – Aurora, CO 80011 – (303) 340-8849 – View Map
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they can write business through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, you will definitely want to include price quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with companies you’ve never heard of who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Aurora that can give you rate quotes.
- Colorado Insurance Professionals, Inc.
13693 E Iliff Ave – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 755-8600 – View Map
- Premier Insurance
2241 S Peoria St # 202 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 337-3600 – View Map
- All Drivers Insurance
12142 E Mississippi Ave – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 695-1000 – View Map
Educate yourself about car insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverages found on most car insurance policies.
This will cover damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see values of 25/50/15 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $15,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, funeral expenses and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Colorado requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/15 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The next chart demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be enough.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Lincoln Continental.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 25/50/15), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like theft, damage from flooding and fire damage. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses for things like nursing services, hospital visits, funeral costs, dental work and doctor visits. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This pays for damage to your Continental from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like rolling your car, colliding with another moving vehicle, driving through your garage door and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to raise the deductible on your Continental to save money on collision insurance.
What is the best car insurance company in Colorado?
Buying coverage from the top auto insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Aurora. The information shown next may help you decide which car insurance providers you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
Find affordable auto insurance prices by comparing often
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can save on Lincoln Continental insurance in Aurora. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates come from a small mutual company. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Even more information is located in the articles below:
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Aurora Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Aurora Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- How Much are Aurora Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)