It’s easy to assume that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Drivers who compare rates annually are highly likely to switch auto insurance companies because the odds are good of finding lower prices. A recent auto insurance study revealed that people who regularly compared rates saved on average $860 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the best price on Toyota Celica insurance is the reason for your visit, then having some knowledge of the best ways to shop for car insurance can make shopping around easier.
The easiest way to find cheaper prices for Toyota Celica insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from companies that insure vehicles in Aurora. You can compare prices by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to understand how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that drive up the price like traffic violations, accidents, and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for the details to help keep rates affordable and earn a bigger discount.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper Celica coverage is available in Aurora. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
If you have a current insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to find better prices using this information. Finding quotes for the best insurance in Aurora is not as hard as you may think. But Colorado car owners do need to learn the way companies calculate your insurance rates because rates fluctuate considerably.
Affordable Toyota insurance rate quotes in Aurora
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Affordable rates by getting discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always list every discount they offer very well, so the following is a list of some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Life Insurance – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can get you a discount because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- E-sign – A handful of companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
Larger insurance companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include accident prevention training, homeowner, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, and safe driver.
- American Family includes discounts for defensive driver, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, early bird, and good driver.
- MetLife may include discounts for good driver, good student, claim-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, accident-free
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-policy, good student, emergency military deployment, military active duty, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, anti-theft, air bag, vehicle fuel type, driver training, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies everywhere. To locate companies that offer multiple discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
Informed Drivers Can Reduce Insurance Rates
It’s important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating your policy premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find cheaper rates.
Alarm systems save money – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart thieves like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Consolidate policies with the same company – Many auto insurance companies allow lower prices to buyers who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s always a smart idea to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
City dwellers may pay more – Being located in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices if you are looking for the lowest rates. City drivers tend to have more aggressive driving styles and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers on the road means fewer accidents.
Physical damage deductibles – Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be a dented fender, collision with an animal, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are required to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more damage repair cost you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Never let your auto insurance policy expire – Allowing your coverage to lapse can be a quick way to drive up your policy premiums. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you fines and jail time. You may then be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Colorado department of motor vehicles.
No auto insurance claims equals cheaper premiums – Insurance companies in Colorado provide discounts to people who are claim-free. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is intended for more catastrophic claims.
Age of drivers impacts premiums – Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit. Beginning drivers tend to be inattentive with other occupants in the car so auto insurance rates are higher.
Vehicles with better crash test results means cheaper insurance – Safer cars tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce the chance of injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you.
You may need advice from an insurance agency
Certain consumers prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is definitely important in Aurora.
After completing this short form, the coverage information gets sent to companies in Aurora that provide free Aurora auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to you directly. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
When narrowing the list to find a local Aurora insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Aurora can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
These agents do not have single company limitations so they can write business through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you contact a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Many write coverage with companies you’ve never heard of who may have lower rates.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Aurora who can help you get price quote information.
- A Complete Home and Auto Insurance Agency
1080 S Sable Blvd – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 344-2886 – View Map
- L.A. Insurance Agency
9601 E Colfax Ave – Aurora, CO 80010 – (303) 577-2400 – View Map
- All Drivers Insurance
12142 E Mississippi Ave – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 695-1000 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. A lot of people choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the brand rather than low price.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Aurora that are able to give rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Denise M. Franklyn
13768 E Quincy Ave – Aurora, CO 80015 – (303) 693-8968 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Archie Verhoeff
13743 E Mississippi Ave #100 – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 363-1757 – View Map
- John Baer – State Farm Insurance Agent
6155 S Main St #240 – Aurora, CO 80016 – (303) 680-7777 – View Map
Picking an insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Aurora should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How often do they review coverages?
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Lower-priced Toyota Celica insurance in Aurora can be purchased online as well as from independent agents in Aurora, so you need to shop Aurora auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not provide internet price quotes and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including high prices, high rates after DUI convictions, poor customer service and even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can reduce Toyota Celica insurance premium rates online in Aurora. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Aurora auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
More tips and info about insurance is located at these sites:
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Aurora Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)