Are you sick and tired of paying out the nose to insure your Lincoln every month? You have the same problem as many other Colorado drivers.
It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Insureds who compare other prices will presumably switch to a new company because they stand a good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A recent survey discovered that drivers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved over $72 a month compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the best price on car insurance in Aurora is your ultimate objective, then having an understanding of how to find companies and compare car insurance can help you be more efficient. There is such a variety of car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and even though it’s nice to have a choice, it makes it harder to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Aurora can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you already have coverage or are shopping for new coverage, use these money-saving tips to shop for the lowest rates without reducing protection. Drivers only need an understanding of the quickest way to compare company rates instantly.
You may qualify for discounts for Lincoln LS insurance in Aurora
Companies don’t necessarily list every discount very clearly, so here is a list both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Aurora auto insurance online.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with one insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have a lower price if you buy life insurance from them.
- Aurora Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Aurora can get you a discount because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts in comparison with bad drivers.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain larger companies will provide an incentive for signing up on your computer.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current LS insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more on LS insurance in Aurora.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Auto insurance companies that may offer some of the discounts shown above are:
If you need inexpensive Aurora auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in Aurora. If you would like to choose from a list of companies who offer insurance discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
How to buy Lincoln LS insurance online
Lowering your car insurance rates can be relatively painless. Consumers just need to spend a little time comparing price quotes to see which company has affordable Aurora auto insurance quotes.
Getting price quotes online is very simple and it makes it obsolete to physically go to insurance agencies in your area. Shopping for car insurance online eliminates this option unless you have a complicated situation and need the peace of mind that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Although, it is possible price shop your coverage online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Aurora, CO. If you wish to find the cheapest car insurance in Aurora, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get Lincoln LS Insurance Cheaper
Lots of things are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but others are more transparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get cheaper rates.
More mileage equals more premium – The higher the mileage driven each year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Autos not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An improperly rated LS is just wasting money. It’s a smart idea to ensure your insurance declarations sheet is showing annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Is you vocation costing you more? – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Jobs like lawyers, architects, and medical professionals have higher rates than the rest of us attributed to intense work-related stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, occupations like scientists, students and homemakers get better rates.
Marriage can lower costs – Your spouse may earn you lower rates on your policy. It means you’re more stable financially and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Lower performance equals lower insurance premiums – The make and model of the car or truck you are insuring makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The cheapest rates are for low performance passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
Gender impacts premiums – Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women tend to get into at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the males get into accidents with more damage. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure so it costs more to insure them.
Better credit means lower premiums – Credit rating is a big factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit score can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Lincoln LS by improving your rating. Consumers who have good credit tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
Vehicle options impact prices – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop car theft.
Insurance is expensive for younger drivers – Older people are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims, and are safer drivers. Young drivers have a tendency to be less responsible with other occupants in the car so insurance rates are higher.
Local Aurora insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this simple form, your information is transmitted to insurance agents in Aurora who will return price quotes to get your business. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer requires more thought than just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
Shown below are agents in Aurora that can give you price quote information for Lincoln LS insurance in Aurora.
A Complete Auto Insurance Agency
543 Sable Blvd – Aurora, CO 80011 – (303) 650-0060 – View Map
Stan Kellogg – State Farm Insurance Agent
15434 E Orchard Rd – Aurora, CO 80016 – (303) 699-2288 – View Map
Why you need LS insurance in Colorado
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lincoln in Aurora, buying car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost every bank will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lincoln at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your Lincoln LS and your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your LS more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Which car insurance company is best in Colorado?
Buying coverage from a high-quality insurer can be difficult considering how many companies there are in Aurora. The company rank data below can help you analyze which auto insurers to look at purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to find lower-cost Lincoln LS insurance in Aurora. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Lincoln LS insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small local company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Cheaper Lincoln LS insurance in Aurora can be purchased from both online companies in addition to many Aurora insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers sell through independent agents.
How to find the cheapest rates for Lincoln LS insurance in Aurora
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get low-cost Lincoln LS insurance in Aurora is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers that insure vehicles in Colorado. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Read about policy coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and a low credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on LS insurance. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Additional learning opportunities
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Aurora Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for College Graduates in Aurora? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)