If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Aurora. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of how insurance works and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that drive up the price like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a poor credit score can be improved by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for additional ideas to get cheaper coverage and earn a bigger discount.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed application and payment to your new carrier. Be sure to safely store the certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. People who get comparison quotes once a year will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because there are good odds of finding a lower-priced policy. A study discovered that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved an average of $72 a month compared to other drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price for insurance is your ultimate goal, then knowing how to find and compare coverages can save money and time.
To find cheap rates, there are a couple of ways to obtain and compare prices from auto insurance companies in your area. The easiest way by far to compare insurance prices is to use the internet to compare rates. When price shopping your coverage, comparing more prices helps improve the odds of finding the best price.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Aurora, CO. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost, insurance is mandatory in Colorado but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Chevy Uplander but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. As of last year, the average driver in Colorado is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to save money.
Check for these eight discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there are discounts available that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Aurora auto insurance but check with your company.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but companies like GEICO and Allstate will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a course teaching defensive driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But any discount will positively reduce your premiums.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer some of the above discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in Aurora.
Ratings for Aurora auto insurance companies
Picking the top insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many choices drivers have in Colorado. The ranking data shown next could help you select which insurers to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- Allstate – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- The General – 88%
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance