If price shopping Aurora auto insurance quotes online is new to you, by this point your are probably bewildered due to the large selection of insurance providers competing for business in Aurora.
Steps to saving on auto insurance in Aurora
To save the most money, the best way to find discount auto insurance rates in Aurora is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies in Colorado. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Get an understanding of how companies set rates and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as inattentive driving and a negative credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for more ideas to get better rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The key thing to remember is to use similar coverage information on each quote and and to compare every company you can. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that most auto insurance policyholders in Colorado have been with the same company for at least four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared rates with other companies. U.S. drivers could save themselves 46.5% a year just by comparing rates, but most just don’t grasp the amount of money they would save if they switch to a new company.
You should make it a habit to compare premium rates on a regular basis because auto insurance prices change frequently. Just because you found the best deal on auto insurance two years ago you will most likely find a better premium rate today. There is a lot of bad information regarding auto insurance out there, but you can learn some guaranteed methods to find cheap auto insurance in Aurora.
Finding and comparing the most affordable auto insurance policy in Aurora is not as hard as you may think. In essence, each driver who shops around for auto insurance most likely will find a cheaper policy. Nevertheless, Colorado vehicle owners must learn how the larger insurance companies market insurance on the web because rates are impacted by many factors.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$1,104||$552||$92|
|Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid||$1,036||$518||$86|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$1,002||$501||$84|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$1,028||$514||$86|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$874||$437||$73|
|Ford Explorer Limited AWD||$1,064||$532||$89|
|Ford F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$968||$484||$81|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,010||$505||$84|
|GMC Sierra SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$1,132||$566||$94|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,164||$582||$97|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$900||$450||$75|
|Honda Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,078||$539||$90|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$874||$437||$73|
|Mazda 3 S Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$1,132||$566||$94|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$1,036||$518||$86|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,036||$518||$86|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,132||$566||$94|
|Get Rate Quotes for Your Vehicle Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in your specific Aurora location which can decrease or increase coverage prices substantially.
To get affordable Aurora auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to get quotes from insurance companies in your area. The quickest method to lower the rate you pay for insurance is simply to get online rate quotes.
When comparison shopping, comparing all the rates in your area increases the chance that you will find more affordable rates. Not every company provides quotes over the internet, so you should also compare prices from the smaller companies as well.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Aurora, CO. To find the best cheap auto insurance in CO, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Lower Aurora car insurance rates
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that may result in big savings.
Do you have a stressful job? – Careers such as real estate brokers, air traffic controllers, and emergency personnel have higher rates than the rest of us attributed to high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. Other jobs such as professors, engineers and retirees have the lowest average rates.
How do annual miles impact costs? – The more you drive each year the higher your rates will be. Most companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Cars that have low annual miles receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your vehicle rating is rated on the right rating data.
Discounts for alarms and GPS tracking – Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
Driving citations can be expensive – Your driving citation history has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers with clean records get better rates as compared to those with violations. Having just one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance forty percent or more. Drivers who get dangerous citations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
No claims equals lower prices – Car insurance companies in Colorado award the best rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is designed for more catastrophic claims.
Add-on coverages are wasting money – Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing, and extra equipment coverage are some examples. They may seem good when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
Single drivers may pay higher prices – Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums on car insurance. Having a significant other means you’re more financially stable it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Auto insurance in Colorado serves several purposes
Despite the potentially high cost of auto insurance, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Colorado and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your vehicle at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Colorado is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.