It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. People who shop around for cheaper prices are highly likely to buy a different policy because there is a good probability of finding a lower-cost company. A study discovered that drivers who compared rates once a year saved over $860 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving the most money on Saturn Sky insurance in Aurora is your goal, then having an understanding of how to shop for cheaper coverage can make the process less intimidating.
To save the most money, the best way to get discount Saturn Sky insurance in Aurora is to compare prices once a year from providers that sell auto insurance in Colorado. This can be done by following these steps.
- Try to learn about coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and your credit history can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for ideas to help prevent high rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate in Aurora. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Aurora, CO. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Aurora, CO, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Saturn Sky insurance in Aurora
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might find some hidden discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but a few must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable their insurance company to spy on vehicle usage by using a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Aurora car insurance but check with your company.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with one company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Saturn may allow you to get substantially lower premium rates.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Online Discount – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application digitally online.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Aurora can earn you a little savings since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Car insurance companies that may have some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in your state. To choose insurers with discount rates in Aurora, follow this link.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Saturn Sky insurance, paying for car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Sky has a loan, most lenders will force you to buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Saturn for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance protects not only your Saturn Sky but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying car insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to save money.
Car insurance is available from agents near you
A small number of people just want to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Licensed agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is you can get better rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local agents is still important in Aurora.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Aurora who can give free rate quotes for your business. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
When finding an insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents can either be exclusive or independent. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know the difference between them since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
When shopping rates, we recommend you compare prices from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison. Most also have access to smaller mutual companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Featured below are independent agents in Aurora that can possibly get you free car insurance quotes.
- BUD JUDY AGENCY, INC. (INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENCY)
2222 S Fraser St Unit 4 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 368-5839 – View Map
- A All City Auto Insurance
9720 E Colfax Ave – Aurora, CO 80010 – (303) 364-0555 – View Map
- MG Insurance Brokers Llc
2600 S Parker Rd # 263 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 309-6200 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. These agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents primarily because of loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Aurora willing to provide price quote information.
- Wayne Johnson – State Farm Insurance Agent
12201 E Mississippi Ave #105 – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 695-6262 – View Map
- Jody Roberts – State Farm Insurance Agent
15260 E Hampden Ave – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 693-1650 – View Map
- Bob Massie – State Farm Insurance Agent
15290 E 6th Ave #220 – Aurora, CO 80011 – (303) 364-8298 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Aurora should be forthright in answering these questions:
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Colorado?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
If you feel you receive good responses for all questions you ask as well as offering an affordable quote, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to service your policy. Keep in mind you are entitled to terminate your policy at any time so don’t think you are locked into a specific company for a certain time period.