Unfortunately, about 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never taken the time to shop around. Colorado insurance shoppers could save an average of almost $610 each year, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to save money by comparing rate quotes.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find affordable car insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from providers who sell insurance in Aurora. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many factors that result in higher prices such as traffic citations and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for additional tips to help prevent costly coverage and find discounts that may have been missed.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. Get quotes now
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
If you are already insured or just want cheaper rates, you can use these tips to reduce the price you pay and possibly find even better coverage. Comparing quotes for the best car insurance policy in Aurora is simple if you know the tricks. Smart shoppers just have to learn the fastest way to compare different rates on the web.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Colorado. In order to find cheap car insurance in Colorado, we suggest you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Don’t neglect these money saving discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may be missing some discounts to help bring down the price. Certain credits will be shown when you purchase, but a few must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Club Memberships – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Aurora could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower price if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Theft Deterrent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Aurora auto insurance quote.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Student Discounts – This discount may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having several vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
Discounts lower rates, but most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Insurance companies that may offer policyholders these money-saving discounts include:
If you are trying to find low cost Aurora auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Discounts may not apply to policies in every state.
Smart Buyers Can Lower Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that are used to determine your auto insurance rates. If you know what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower rates. Lots of things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but some are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
Gender and car insurance prices – Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Females and males get in fender benders at about the same rate, but the males have costlier accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
Vehicle theft costs us all – Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Theft deterrent systems such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can thwart your car from being stolen.
Premiums are lower the older you get – Youthful drivers in Colorado are known to be inattentive behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher. If you’ve ever had to add a beginning driver to your policy can be quite pricey. Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable.
Lower performance equals lower insurance rates – The make and model of the vehicle you need to insure makes a significant difference in your premium level. The cheapest insurance rates are usually for smaller low performance passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
City dwellers may pay more – Being located in less populated areas of the country can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. City drivers tend to have more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. More time behind the wheel means more chance of being in an accident.
Discounts for multiple policies – Most larger insurance companies will give lower prices to people who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Insurance rates for married couples – Walking down the aisle can get you a discount on auto insurance. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
Exclusive and independent car insurance agents
Many people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. Professional agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Aurora who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, just visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- How long has their agency been in business in Aurora?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is there a local claims center in Aurora?
When finding a reliable insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agents in Aurora are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s worth learning the differences because it can impact your agent selection.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents work for only one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Aurora willing to provide price quote information.
- Greg Gallegos-State Farm Insurance Agent
4550 S Reservoir Rd, D – Aurora, CO 80015 – (720) 242-6011 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Larry Meurisse
1710 S Buckley Rd Unit 6 – Aurora, CO 80017 – (303) 752-1441 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Rick Laikola Agency Inc.
3102 S Parker Rd Ste A16 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 696-2666 – View Map
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, it’s recommended you include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Many write coverage with lesser-known insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below are independent agencies in Aurora that can give you comparison quotes.
- L.A. Insurance Agency
9601 E Colfax Ave – Aurora, CO 80010 – (303) 577-2400 – View Map
- A Complete Auto Insurance Agency
543 Sable Blvd – Aurora, CO 80011 – (303) 650-0060 – View Map
- Amercian Affordable Insurance: Arthur Blaszczyszn
10660 E Bethany Dr – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 577-9998 – View Map
After receiving good feedback to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you may have found an insurance agency that meets your needs to adequately provide car insurance. But remember, once you purchase a policy you can cancel a policy whenever you want so never assume that you are permanently stuck with the car insurance policy for the full term.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When it comes to coverage, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions might point out whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Persistence pays off
The cheapest Saturn Ion insurance in Aurora is possible both online and from local agencies, so you need to shop Aurora auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not offer online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just presented many ideas to shop for Saturn Ion insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small local company. Smaller companies often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Aurora Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Aurora? (FAQ)
- How Much is Aurora Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)