A recent survey discovered that almost 70% of drivers in Colorado kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and almost half have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers could save themselves up to $859 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they underestimate the big savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
The easiest way to get more affordable Pontiac Grand Prix insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies that insure vehicles in Aurora. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- First, gain an understanding of how your policy works and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many things that result in higher prices such as speeding tickets, accidents and a lousy credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies. View companies
- Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One piece of advice is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get quotes from all possible companies. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Smart Buyers Know How to Get Insurance Cheaper
Many things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
Too many policy claims will drive rates up – Car insurance companies in Colorado give discounts to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended for the large, substantial claims.
City dwellers may pay more – Living in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices when insuring your vehicles. Lower population means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People in densely populated areas tend to have more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. The longer drive time means higher likelihood of an accident.
Vocation stress can make you pay more – Jobs like lawyers, airline pilots, and medical professionals are shown to have the highest average rates because of stressful work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, professions such as scientists, athletes and homemakers pay the least.
Don’t let your policy lapse – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a sure-fire way to increase your insurance rates. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time. You will then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Colorado department of motor vehicles.
Marriage discount – Being married can get you a discount on your insurance bill. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Lower premiums for vehicles with better crash test results – Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your Pontiac scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
Car insurance policy discounts for Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Aurora
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but some need to be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Driver Safety – Taking a course teaching safe driver skills could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles on the same car insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- 21st Century offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, early bird, theft prevention, 55 and older, air bags, driver training, and automatic seat belts.
- State Farm has savings for driver’s education, good student, student away at school, good driver, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- AAA offers discounts for good student, education and occupation, anti-theft, multi-policy, and multi-car.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, newly retired, new graduate, and newly married.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in Aurora.
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
Cheaper Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Aurora is possible from both online companies and with local Aurora insurance agents, so you need to shop Aurora car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and usually these small insurance companies sell through local independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim, being labeled a high risk driver or high prices. Whatever your reason, finding a new auto insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
More learning opportunities
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Traverse in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Teachers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)