Having to pay for high-priced auto insurance in Aurora can sap your family’s budget and force you to make tough financial choices. Price shopping at each renewal can be a smart way to lower your bills every month.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who do rate comparisons will most likely buy a different policy because of the high probability of getting low-cost coverage. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who routinely compared quotes saved $860 a year compared to people who never shopped around.
If finding the best rates on car insurance in Aurora is your ultimate target, then learning about the best way to quote and compare cheaper coverage can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Steps to finding affordable Lexus LS 460 insurance in Aurora
Really, the only way to get low-cost Lexus LS 460 insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from providers that insure vehicles in Aurora.
First, gain an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as traffic citations and a poor credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for additional tips to find cheap rates and find hidden discounts.
Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Aurora. If you find a better price and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new insurer. As soon as you receive it, store the certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
An important part of this process is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to compare as many companies as you can. This ensures an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Drivers have many insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to have multiple companies, having more car insurance companies makes it harder to find the lowest rates for Lexus LS 460 insurance in Aurora.
Cutting your Aurora car insurance rates can be surprisingly simple. Just invest a few minutes getting comparison quotes online with multiple companies.
Getting free rate quotes online is quite simple, and it makes it obsolete to spend time driving to all the different Aurora insurance agencies. Shopping for car insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you want the professional assistance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. You can, however, obtain prices from the web but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Aurora, CO. If you wish to find the best cheap auto insurance in Aurora, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lexus in Aurora, buying auto insurance is required by state law in Colorado and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your LS 460, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Lexus at an extremely high rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves your Lexus LS 460 and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your LS 460 more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $800 each year so you should quote rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance coverage details
The coverage table displayed next highlights a range of insurance premium costs for Lexus LS 460 models. Understanding how policy premiums are determined can help drivers make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|LS 460 4-Dr Sedan||$244||$556||$388||$22||$116||$1,326||$111|
|LS 460 4-Dr Sedan||$244||$556||$388||$22||$116||$1,326||$111|
|LS 460 AWD 4-Dr||$244||$556||$388||$22||$116||$1,326||$111|
|LS 460 L 4-Dr Sedan||$244||$556||$388||$22||$116||$1,326||$111|
|LS 460 L AWD 4-Dr||$244||$556||$388||$22||$116||$1,326||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific garaging location which can change insurance rates greatly.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Lexus LS 460 insurance prices for different age groups. The data is based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The example below shows the difference between Lexus LS 460 insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The rates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive rule that is best for determining when to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Lexus LS 460 claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If you are currently paying more than $500 annually for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Aurora insurance discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but a few must be asked for before being credited.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current LS 460 insurance policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Aurora auto insurance quote.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get a small discount on rates.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you could get a free insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The example below compares Lexus LS 460 insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. Data assumes a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Colorado state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, air bags, emergency military deployment, driver training, multi-vehicle, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO offers discounts for teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, safe driver, anti-theft, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, and drive less.
- State Farm offers discounts including anti-theft, multiple policy, good student, multiple autos, and accident-free.
- MetLife has savings for good driver, multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, claim-free, accident-free
- 21st Century has discounts for teen driver, air bags, homeowners, defensive driver, student driver, driver training, and early bird.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in Aurora. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Aurora, follow this link.
Shop online but buy locally
Certain consumers just want to have an agent’s advice and that is just fine! Insurance agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is you can get better rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your business. You won’t even need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Aurora?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
If you would like to find a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agencies are considered either independent or exclusive. Either one can do a good job, but it’s good to learn the difference between them since it could factor into your agent selection.
These type of agents write business for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are very knowledgeable on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Aurora that are able to give price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you need to contact several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Aurora that can give you comparison quotes.
A Complete Auto Insurance Agency
543 Sable Blvd – Aurora, CO 80011 – (303) 650-0060 – View Map
Aurora car insurance company ratings
Choosing the highest-rated car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many choices drivers have in Colorado. The ranking data in the lists below could help you choose which coverage providers you want to consider when shopping around.
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
Information about specific coverages
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverage types available from car insurance companies.
Coverage for collisions
This pays for damage to your LS 460 resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like crashing into a ditch, damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail, hitting a parking meter and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your LS 460 to bring the cost down.
This coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 25/50/15 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like legal defense fees, court costs, medical expenses and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Colorado state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Lexus LS 460.
Since many Colorado drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/15), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like theft, vandalism, hail damage and hitting a bird. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses such as funeral costs, X-ray expenses, nursing services and dental work. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
In the end, you can save money
Discount Lexus LS 460 insurance in Aurora can be purchased from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not offer price quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped full coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
How to quote cheaper Lexus LS 460 insurance in Aurora
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find the cheapest price for auto insurance rates in Aurora is to compare prices annually from different companies who sell auto insurance in Colorado. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Read and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new company or agent. Be sure to place the new certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
One piece of advice is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price quotes from every company you can. This provides the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Aurora Auto Insurance for Felons? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado in Aurora? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)