It’s astonishing, but over 70% of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. U.S. insurance shoppers could save approximately $859 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to go online and compare rates.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find lower priced auto insurance rates in Aurora is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Colorado. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, try to understand how your policy works and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit rating can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Read the full article for more details to find cheap prices and get bigger discounts.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies. View prices
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new insurer. Immediately upon receiving it, put the certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. Shopping for the best-priced coverage in Aurora is not as confusing as people think. Although Colorado consumers do need to understand how companies determine prices and apply this information to your search.
Eight Things That Influence Your Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but other criteria are more obscure such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
Know your vehicle’s crash test rating – Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries means your insurance company pays less passed on to you as lower rates.
Insurance rates in urban areas – Living in areas with lower population can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers and short commutes means less chance of accidents and a lower car theft rate. People who live in big cities have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and longer commutes to work. Higher commute times means higher likelihood of an accident.
Prices also based on gender – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that men are worse drivers. Males and females are responsible for fender benders at a similar rate, but men tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Young men ages 16 to 20 generally have the highest accident percentage and thus pay the highest rates.
Experienced drivers are lower risk – Youthful drivers in Colorado have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. Parents adding a beginning driver onto your car insurance can really hurt. More experienced drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
A policy lapse is a bad thing – Having a gap between insurance policy dates will be a fast way to increase your car insurance rates. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time.
Insurance rates for married couples – Your spouse helps lower the price when buying car insurance. Having a spouse means you’re less irresponsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Liability coverage claims can be big – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. This coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Consolidate and save – The majority of car insurance companies give a discount to insureds that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you already get this discount, it’s always a smart idea to compare Lexus LFA rates in Aurora to help guarantee you have the best rates.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more rates from different companies will improve the odds of getting a better price.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Colorado. If your goal is to find the cheapest auto insurance in CO, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Lexus LFA in Aurora, paying for car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Lexus for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Lexus as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver is overpaying over $750 every year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Reduce your auto insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there may be some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some of these discounts will be visible when you quote, but a few must be manually applied before you get the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Aurora can save a few bucks because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- No Claims – Aurora drivers who stay claim-free pay much less when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching to them before your current LFA insurance policy expires. You may see this discount when you get Aurora auto insurance quotes online.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow driving data submission to analyze where and when they drive by using a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Aurora and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Online Discount – Some auto insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on the web.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as GEICO and Liberty Mutual permit an accident without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% because new vehicles are generally safer.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The best auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, passive restraint, anti-theft, driver’s education, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, air bags, multi-policy, and federal employee.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century includes discounts for air bags, early bird, theft prevention, homeowners, anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, and student driver.
- American Family has savings for multi-vehicle, air bags, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, defensive driver, good student, and accident-free.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for air bag, bundle, good student, driver training, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including pay-in-full, good driver, multi-policy, multi-car, good student, AAA membership discount, and anti-theft.
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in Aurora. If you would like to view auto insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Aurora, click here.
When to contact a local insurance agent
Many drivers still prefer to have an agent’s advice and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Aurora who will return price quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. It’s the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an provider needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Any good agent in Aurora should know the answers to these questions.
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
If you want to use local Aurora agents, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
These agents are contracted to one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. They are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Some insured continue to use the same agent partially due to loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Aurora who may provide you with price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Danielle Shannon Agency
6820 S Liverpool St d – Aurora, CO 80016 – (303) 676-8071 – View Map
- Mark Peter State Farm Insurance Agency
12100 E Iliff Ave #104 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 755-3220 – View Map
- Greg Gallegos-State Farm Insurance Agent
4550 S Reservoir Rd, D – Aurora, CO 80015 – (720) 242-6011 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you definitely need to include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. Most independent agents also contract with different regional companies which can save you money.
The following are Aurora independent agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
- BUD JUDY AGENCY, INC. (INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENCY)
2222 S Fraser St Unit 4 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 368-5839 – View Map
- All Drivers Insurance
12142 E Mississippi Ave – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 695-1000 – View Map
- Dickson Insurance Agency
4093 S Olathe Ct – Aurora, CO 80013 – (303) 693-1936 – View Map
Do I just need basic coverages?
When buying adequate coverage, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Does my Lexus LFA qualify for pleasure use?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Do the work, save more money
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can lower your Lexus LFA insurance premium rates in Aurora. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Lexus LFA insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Cheaper insurance in Aurora is attainable both online and with local Aurora insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not provide price quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
When getting Aurora auto insurance quotes online, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed collision coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
More information is located at these links:
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Aurora Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Aurora? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)