Shockingly, a large majority of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average premium in Colorado being $1,813, drivers could save themselves approximately $600 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much they could save if they just switched companies.
The best way to save on Lexus IS 250 insurance is to compare prices annually from providers in Aurora. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- First, try to learn a little about individual coverages and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many things that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View a list of agents
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Aurora. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a signed application to your new company or agent. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the new certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
One tip to remember is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to analyze every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
Affordable auto insurance in Aurora, CO
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Aurora, CO. To locate cheap car insurance in Aurora, CO, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Lexus IS 250 coverage analysis
The coverage information displayed next highlights estimates of insurance rates for Lexus IS 250 models. Having a good grasp of how insurance rates are established can benefit drivers when making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|IS 250 4-Dr Sedan||$330||$726||$304||$18||$92||$1,470||$123|
|IS 250 AWD 4-Dr||$368||$726||$304||$18||$92||$1,508||$126|
|IS 250 C 2-Dr Convertible||$368||$726||$358||$22||$108||$1,582||$132|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in garaging location in Aurora which can revise auto insurance rates significantly.
How careless driving impacts auto insurance rates
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and accident claims can affect Lexus IS 250 auto insurance costs for each different age category. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Annual premiums comparing men and women in Aurora
The diagram below shows the comparison of Lexus IS 250 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage?
The information below compares Lexus IS 250 yearly insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Colorado minimum liability coverage. The data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no exact formula to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Lexus IS 250 book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing you more than $500 a year to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Informed Consumers Save on Insurance
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that are used to determine car insurance rates. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in better car insurance rates.
Costs can change based on your address – Residing in areas with lower population is a good thing when talking about car insurance. Lower population translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. City drivers have traffic congestion and higher rates of accident claims. More time commuting means more chance of being in an accident.
Limits of liability insurance – Liability insurance will afford coverage in the event that you are responsible for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Lower rates with GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft features such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms help track and prevent car theft.
Older drivers save more – More experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Youthful drivers tend to get distracted easily when driving so they pay higher car insurance rates.
The following data is based on a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
No policy lapses saves money – Having a gap between insurance policy dates can be a guaranteed way to increase your car insurance rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage could earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Colorado department of motor vehicles.
Insurance loss data for a Lexus IS 250 – Companies factor in insurance loss information when they calculate premium rates for each model. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have increased rates.
The table below outlines the historical loss data for Lexus IS 250 vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, equals 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lexus IS 250 4dr 2WD||179||103||177||116||146||115|
|Lexus IS 250 4dr 4WD||177||87||186||118|
|Lexus IS 250 Convertible||135||80||84|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower-cost Aurora insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise all discounts very well, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Aurora auto insurance online.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having more than one vehicle with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some insurance companies give a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- College Student – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Aurora and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Accident Free – Aurora drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Good Student – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Aurora auto insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut your overall bill.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Lexus IS 250 auto insurance costs with and without discounts. The costs are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Colorado state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA offers premium reductions for good student, anti-theft, good driver, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for bundle discounts, homeowner, distant student, early shopping, switch companies, alternative fuel, and electronic funds transfer.
- GEICO discounts include driver training, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, seat belt use, and air bags.
- Esurance offers discounts for DriveSense, online quote, safety device, anti-lock brakes, Switch & Save, claim free, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include homeowner, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, bundle discounts, multi-car, teen safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, and safe vehicle.
Check with all the companies which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in Aurora. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with significant discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
Independent versus exclusive car insurance agents
Many drivers still like to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get better rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local agents is definitely important in Aurora.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your business. You never need to drive around since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in Aurora
If you are searching for a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies that you can select. Aurora agents are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can sell car insurance policies, but it’s good to learn how they are different since it can affect the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents often have many company appointments so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. Many write coverage with small regional insurance companies which may have better rates.
Listed below are Aurora independent agents who can help you get rate quotes.
- All Drivers Insurance
12142 E Mississippi Ave – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 695-1000 – View Map
- Amercian Affordable Insurance: Arthur Blaszczyszn
10660 E Bethany Dr – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 577-9998 – View Map
- A Complete Auto Insurance Agency
543 Sable Blvd – Aurora, CO 80011 – (303) 650-0060 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are contracted to one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are well trained on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Aurora who can help you get rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Jack Sughrue
2226 S Fraser St Unit 4 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 751-4701 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Daniel Kane
1730 S Abilene St # I-201 – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 873-1277 – View Map
- Scott Underwood State Farm Insurance
15322 E Alameda Pkwy #25 – Aurora, CO 80017 – (303) 745-3174 – View Map
Deciding on a auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Aurora should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Aurora?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Colorado?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
Cheap car insurance rates are available
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, being labeled a high risk driver, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies can be less work than you think.
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to shop for Lexus IS 250 insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Lexus IS 250 insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
Additional learning opportunities
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Aurora Car Insurance for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Subaru Impreza in Aurora? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tacoma in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)