It’s astonishing, but about 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Most drivers in Colorado can cut their rates by approximately $600 a year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to go online and compare rates.
Really, the only way to get the cheapest Lexus IS 200t insurance in Aurora is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers who provide auto insurance in Colorado. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about how your policy works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that increase rates such as getting speeding tickets and a low credit rating can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper IS 200t coverage is available. If you find better rates, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. Once received, put the proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
If you have coverage now, you will be able to lower your rates using the ideas presented in this article. Comparing quotes for the best-priced car insurance in Aurora is not as hard as you may think. Although Colorado consumers need to have an understanding of the way companies sell insurance online and take advantage of how the system works.
Many insurance companies allow consumers to get prices on the web. Comparing prices online for Lexus IS 200t insurance in Aurora is possible for anyone as you simply type in your required coverages into the quote form. After the form is submitted, the system obtains your credit score and driving record and returns a price quote based on the information you submitted.
Quoting online for Lexus IS 200t insurance in Aurora makes comparing rates easy, and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes in order to get the lowest payment possible.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you enter the limits and deductibles as shown on your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Colorado. To locate the cheapest car insurance in Colorado, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in Colorado
Despite the high cost, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Lexus, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Lexus at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in Colorado is wasting up to $700 annually so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
How You Can Control Lexus IS 200t Insurance Costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
Save money by raising coverage deductibles – Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be collision with another vehicle, hail damage, and rolling your vehicle. Your deductibles are how much the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount you have to pay, the less your insurance will be.
Married drivers get cheaper costs – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates on your insurance bill. Marriage usually means you are more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
How old are your drivers? – Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, are lower risk to insure, and are safer drivers. Youthful drivers are proven to be less responsible behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates.
Know your vehicle’s IIHS safety rating – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Save with these price cutting discounts
Some insurance providers do not list all available discounts very well, so the following list contains some of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates.
- Drivers Education – Have your child complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a safe driver course can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Select insurance companies give a discount for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. You could save around 10% when you buy Aurora car insurance online.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Aurora car insurance quote.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you could get a free auto insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that offer discounts in Aurora, click here to view.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- What happens if I owe more than my Lexus IS 200t is worth?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Compare rates but still have a neighborhood Aurora auto insurance agent
Some people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is still important in Aurora.
Upon completion of this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to companies in Aurora that provide free Aurora car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
When looking for a local Aurora insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they operate. Auto insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you should always compare prices from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with small regional insurance companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Aurora that can give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
- L.A. Insurance Agency
9601 E Colfax Ave – Aurora, CO 80010 – (303) 577-2400 – View Map
- Amercian Affordable Insurance: Arthur Blaszczyszn
10660 E Bethany Dr – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 577-9998 – View Map
- MG Insurance Brokers Llc
2600 S Parker Rd # 263 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 309-6200 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often use the same agent mostly because of the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below are Aurora exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Bill Mahaffy III – State Farm Insurance Agent
15281 E Smoky Hill Rd – Aurora, CO 80015 – (720) 886-0400 – View Map
- Mark Peter State Farm Insurance Agency
12100 E Iliff Ave #104 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 755-3220 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Denise M. Franklyn
13768 E Quincy Ave – Aurora, CO 80015 – (303) 693-8968 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Aurora?
- How are they compensated?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
A conclusion for your insurance search
You just read a lot of techniques to save on Lexus IS 200t insurance in Aurora. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- How Much is Aurora Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)