Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for lower-priced Jaguar XJ insurance in Aurora? Having to pay for high-priced auto insurance in Aurora can empty your personal savings and put a big crunch on your finances. Comparison shopping is free and is an excellent way to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
Unbelievable but true according to a study a large majority of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Colorado insurance shoppers could save up to $605 each year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they changed companies.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Jaguar XJ insurance in Aurora
The easiest way to find discount car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Aurora.
Step 1: Get an understanding of individual coverages and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as distracted driving and a negative credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides more details to prevent high prices and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Aurora. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for your new policy. When you receive it, place the new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you use identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Since you have so many different company options, it can be challenging to pick the lowest cost insurance company.
Consumers should take time to do price comparisons as often as possible because prices tend to go up over time. Just because you had the best price on Jaguar XJ insurance in Aurora six months ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the right way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
The intent of this article is to tell you how car insurance companies work and some tricks to saving. If you have a current car insurance policy, you will definitely be able to save money using the concepts you’re about to learn. Nevertheless, Colorado drivers must know the methods companies use to sell online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Shop Jaguar XJ insurance online
To get inexpensive Aurora auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing price quotes from many different Colorado insurance companies. The best method to comparison shop is simply to get online rate quotes.
Comparison shopping rates online is easy and it makes it obsolete to physically go to insurance agents’ offices. The ability to buy insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you have a need for the trained guidance only provided by licensed Aurora agents. However, consumers can comparison shop online and get advice from an agent in your area.
When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing a large number of companies helps increase your odds of locating lower pricing.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Aurora, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
These discounts can lower Jaguar XJ insurance rates
Some insurers don’t always advertise every discount very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a safe driver course could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings as much as 30%.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less can qualify you for cheaper premium rates.
- Distant Student – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Aurora and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The diagram below shows the difference between Jaguar XJ insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums assume a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Colorado state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts include:
- American Family may include discounts for bundled insurance, good driver, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, air bags, and mySafetyValet.
- Nationwide includes discounts for defensive driving, anti-theft, family plan, easy pay, and accident-free.
- MetLife offers discounts for multi-policy, good student, accident-free, good driver, and defensive driver.
- 21st Century offers discounts including 55 and older, automatic seat belts, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, homeowners, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include homeowner, switch companies, alternative fuel, bundle discounts, and teen driver.
- Allstate may have discounts that include passive restraint, senior citizen, eSmart discount, resident student, 55 and retired, and premier plus.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Jaguar XJ rate quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in your area. To find insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Colorado, click here to view.
Analysis of Jaguar XJ rates
The table shown below covers different insurance prices for Jaguar XJ models. Having knowledge of how insurance policy rates are figured can benefit drivers when making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XJ SWB 4-Dr Sedan||$248||$566||$426||$26||$128||$1,394||$116|
|XJ LWB 4-Dr Sedan||$270||$626||$426||$26||$128||$1,476||$123|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can impact auto insurance rates noticeably.
When buying insurance, a common question is how high should the physical damage coverage deductibles be. The figures shown below can help illustrate the price difference when you select higher and lower insurance deductibles. The first rate quote example uses a $100 deductible for physical damage and the second price grid uses a $1,000 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XJ SWB 4-Dr Sedan||$458||$936||$352||$20||$106||$1,897||$158|
|XJ LWB 4-Dr Sedan||$496||$1032||$352||$20||$106||$2,031||$169|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XJ SWB 4-Dr Sedan||$254||$492||$352||$20||$106||$1,224||$102|
|XJ LWB 4-Dr Sedan||$276||$544||$352||$20||$106||$1,298||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in your specific Aurora location which can decrease or increase rates greatly.
Based on this data, using a $100 deductible will cost you about $59 more each month or $708 a year averaged for all XJ models than requesting the higher $1,000 deductible. Because you would be required to pay $900 more out-of-pocket with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you tend to have at least 15 months between claim filings, you would probably save some money if you decide on a higher deductible. The table below shows how you can make this decision for your own policy.
|Average monthly premium for $100 deductibles:||$164|
|Average monthly premium for $1,000 deductibles (subtract):||– $105|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$59|
|Difference between deductibles ($1,000 – $100):||$900|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$900 / $59|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||15 months|
The illustration below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can change Jaguar XJ insurance rates for different insured age categories. The costs are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Liability only or full coverage
The information below compares Jaguar XJ car insurance costs with and without full coverage. The premiums assume no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no definitive guideline to delete comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Jaguar XJ book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing you more than $700 a year for full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Can’t I compare rates from local Aurora insurance agents?
A lot of people just prefer to talk to a local agent and often times that is recommended The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheaper rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is important especially in Aurora.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Aurora that give free quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. It’s the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Aurora for you
If you would like to find a local Aurora insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that you can select. Car insurance agents in Aurora are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you contact at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison.
Below are Aurora independent agencies that may be able to give you comparison quotes.
BUD JUDY AGENCY, INC. (INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENCY)
2222 S Fraser St Unit 4 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 368-5839 – View Map
Focus Insurance Agency
2993 S Peoria St #144 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 695-6220 – View Map
A All City Auto Insurance
9720 E Colfax Ave – Aurora, CO 80010 – (303) 364-0555 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Listed below are Aurora exclusive agents that can give you price quotes.
Choosing an insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. You are unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
How You Can Control Jaguar XJ Insurance Prices
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. If you know what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Buying a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent car theft.
- Decrease rates by maintaining coverage – Driving without insurance coverage in place can get your license suspended and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage lapse. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you fines and jail time. Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Colorado motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- The more you drive the more you pay – The higher the miles on your Jaguar every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your XJ can cost quite a bit. Make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet states the proper vehicle usage.
- Get married and get cheaper costs – Having a spouse may save some money on your policy. It translates into being less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means less claims paid and thus lower rates.
- Liability protection claims can be big – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you when a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Prices can be impacted by your job – Jobs like judges, social workers, and financial analysts tend to have the highest rates because of job stress and long work hours. Other jobs such as farmers, students and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
Insurance loss data for a Jaguar XJ – Auto insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that have higher number or severity of losses will have increased rates.
The next table shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Jaguar XJ vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Percentages below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage values above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Jaguar XJ Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jaguar XJ 4dr 2WD 254 Jaguar XJ 4dr 4WD 169 236 Jaguar XJ 4dr LWB 2WD 210 88 149 Jaguar XJ 4dr LWB 4WD 238 198BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Protect your Jaguar vehicle and other assets
Despite the high insurance cost for a Jaguar XJ in Aurora, car insurance serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Jaguar XJ, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Jaguar at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Jaguar XJ but also your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Budget-conscious Jaguar XJ insurance can be purchased both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
When getting Aurora auto insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to compare Jaguar XJ insurance rates in Aurora. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Jaguar XJ insurance in Aurora
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Aurora is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers in Colorado.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like speeding and a poor credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new insurer. Make sure you place the new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on each price quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Toyota Highlander in Aurora? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Aurora Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)