The easiest way to get discount auto insurance rates in Aurora is to annually compare prices from companies in Colorado.
- Try to learn a little about what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that cause rate increases such as speeding and a substandard credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides information to prevent high prices and get bigger discounts.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple sources. Compare rates now
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Aurora. If you can save some money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to use similar coverage information on each quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
A recent car insurance study revealed that the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and just under half have never compared car insurance rates at all. Many drivers in the U.S. could save an average of approximately $860 each year just by comparing rates, but most just don’t grasp how much money they would save if they just switched companies.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Aurora can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you have auto insurance now, you will be able to reduce premiums using the ideas covered in this article. Consumers just have to understand the least time-consuming way to compare rates from many companies at once.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Colorado. If your goal is to find the best cheap car insurance in CO, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Check for these money saving discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used H2 can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Aurora can save a few bucks because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Seniors could receive lower premium rates.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more on H2 insurance in Aurora.
- Distant Student – Older children living away from Aurora attending college and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with multiple cars with the same insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Aurora car insurance quote. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for renewal discount, youthful driver, driver training, multi-policy, 55 and retired, and good student.
- MetLife includes discounts for multi-policy, claim-free, defensive driver, accident-free, and good student.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, and online signing.
- AAA may have discounts that include good student, multi-car, good driver, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, multi-policy, and education and occupation.
- American Family may include discounts for early bird, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, good driver, air bags, and good student.
- GEICO has discounts for daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, federal employee, multi-policy, defensive driver, and seat belt use.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, anti-theft, multiple autos, passive restraint, student away at school, and driver’s education.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits might not be offered in your area. To locate providers that offer discounts in Aurora, click here to view.
Local insurance agents
A small number of people would rather sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that Experienced insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance data is immediately sent to companies in Aurora who will give you quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If you wish to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Aurora for you
If you would like to find a good Aurora insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Aurora are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can do a good job, but it’s important to know the differences since it can affect the selection process.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Aurora that can give you price quotes.
American Family Insurance – Steve Sellers Agency Inc.
15200 E Girard Ave Ste 4025 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 696-2698 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by one company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you definitely need to get quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options.
Listed below are Aurora independent insurance agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
A Complete Auto Insurance Agency
543 Sable Blvd – Aurora, CO 80011 – (303) 650-0060 – View Map
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine Hummer H2 Insurance Rates?
Many factors are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, although others are less obvious like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
- Liability coverage – Liability insurance will afford coverage in the event that a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Deductibles are a factor – Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some coverage claims would be colliding with a stationary object, damage caused by hail, and damage caused by road hazards. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- Getting married can lower premiums – Walking down the aisle actually saves money on your auto insurance policy. It translates into being more financially stable and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Too many auto insurance claims will drive premiums up – Car insurance companies in Colorado provide discounts to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. If you file claims often, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Safety ratings are a factor – Cars with five star safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates. If the Hummer H2 earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though it can be expensive, auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will have a requirement that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Hummer for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Hummer H2 but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Colorado is overpaying over $820 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheap car insurance rates are possible
In this article, we covered many ideas to save on Hummer H2 insurance in Aurora. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Aurora car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Discount Hummer H2 insurance in Aurora can be sourced from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Aurora, so get free Aurora car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don’t offer rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
Even more information can be read in these articles:
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for State Employees in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)