Sadly, a large majority of car insurance policyholders in Colorado renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. U.S. insurance shoppers could save roughly $859 every year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand the large savings they would see if they switched to a more affordable policy.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get low-cost Fiat 124 Spider insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers who sell insurance in Aurora.
- Try to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like getting speeding tickets and a substandard credit score can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article provides more information to get lower rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Aurora. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new carrier. Once coverage is bound, keep your new certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can help lower your rates. Certain reductions will be credited when you purchase, but a few need to be inquired about before being credited.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not really a discount, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Aurora Homeowners Discount – Just being a homeowner can help you save on insurance since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- College Student Discount – Older children who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Safety Course Discount – Passing a defensive driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will cut your overall bill.
Larger insurance companies and their offered discounts are:
- GEICO offers discounts including air bags, membership and employees, seat belt use, driver training, and daytime running lights.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for good student, new car, home ownership, early quote, and save driver.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, good student, safe driver, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, and renewal discount.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for new move discount, teen driver discount, exclusive group savings, multi-car, and good student.
- American Family has discounts for early bird, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, air bags, and good student.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and good student.
Before buying, ask every insurance company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. To locate providers who offer insurance discounts in Colorado, click here.
Compare Aurora Fiat 124 Spider insurance quotes online
Cutting your Aurora car insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. Drivers just need to spend a little time to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies.
The following companies offer free quotes in Aurora, CO. To buy the cheapest auto insurance in CO, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Local Aurora car insurance agents and car insurance
Some people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Good agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents in Aurora that can provide free Aurora auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to your email. If you need to get a rate quote for a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing a provider should depend on more than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Colorado?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from local Aurora agents, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Agents in Aurora are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can handle car insurance, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to use the same agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are Aurora exclusive agents who may provide you with price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Norma Contreras
4272 S Chambers Rd – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 699-3327 – View Map
- Mike Gibbs – State Farm Insurance Agent
3140 S Parker Rd #2 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 699-2800 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jack Sughrue
2226 S Fraser St Unit 4 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 751-4701 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you.
When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you compare quotes from independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Most also write with lesser-known insurance companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Below are Aurora independent agencies who can help you get price quotes.
- A Complete Home and Auto Insurance Agency
1080 S Sable Blvd – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 344-2886 – View Map
- MG Insurance Brokers Llc
2600 S Parker Rd # 263 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 309-6200 – View Map
- A All City Auto Insurance
9720 E Colfax Ave – Aurora, CO 80010 – (303) 364-0555 – View Map
After receiving positive responses as well as an affordable premium quote, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that can adequately provide car insurance.
Compare car insurance prices regularly to save
You just learned a lot of tips how to lower your Fiat 124 Spider insurance prices in Aurora. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Aurora auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver or delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching car insurance companies can be easier than you think.
A few companies may not offer online quoting and usually these small, regional companies only sell through independent agencies. Affordable Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Aurora can be sourced both online and with local Aurora insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
Additional information is available at these links:
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Aurora? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)