It takes a little time, but the best way to quote cheaper Dodge Nitro insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers that insure vehicles in Aurora. This can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like distracted driving and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives more information to help reduce premium rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new insurer. Once received, place the new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that nearly 70% of Colorado drivers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never compared quotes from other companies. Many drivers in America could save themselves $859 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rates and save money.
Get cheap Dodge Nitro insurance in Aurora with discounts
Auto insurance companies do not list every available discount very clearly, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a lower car insurance rate if you buy life insurance.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- College Student – Kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a course teaching driver safety skills could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The illustration below compares Dodge Nitro yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rates are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Colorado state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- GEICO includes discounts for good student, driver training, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, and anti-theft.
- MetLife offers discounts including good student, accident-free, claim-free, multi-policy, and good driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, safe vehicle, good student, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for annual mileage, good driver, multi-policy, good student, and type of vehicle.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, good student, 55 and older, homeowners, theft prevention, driver training, and air bags.
- Allstate offers discounts for resident student, good student, teenSMART discount, anti-lock brakes, and multi-policy.
Check with all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to view insurers with discount rates in Aurora, click this link.
Ways to get Dodge Nitro insurance quotes in Aurora, CO
To find affordable Dodge Nitro insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from all the different companies. The easiest way to compare rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
Keep in mind that having more price comparisons will improve the odds of getting better pricing.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Colorado. To find cheap car insurance in Aurora, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rates and information analytics
The rate information displayed below showcases detailed analysis of rate quotes for Dodge Nitro models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance rates are established can be of help when making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Nitro Heat 2WD||$256||$440||$404||$24||$122||$1,246||$104|
|Nitro SE 2WD||$256||$440||$404||$24||$122||$1,246||$104|
|Nitro SE 4WD||$294||$440||$404||$24||$122||$1,284||$107|
|Nitro SXT 2WD||$294||$440||$404||$24||$122||$1,284||$107|
|Nitro Heat 4WD||$294||$440||$404||$24||$122||$1,284||$107|
|Nitro Detonator 2WD||$294||$536||$404||$24||$122||$1,380||$115|
|Nitro SXT 4WD||$294||$536||$404||$24||$122||$1,380||$115|
|Nitro Shock 2WD||$294||$536||$404||$24||$122||$1,380||$115|
|Nitro Detonator 4WD||$294||$536||$404||$24||$122||$1,380||$115|
|Nitro Shock 4WD||$330||$536||$404||$24||$122||$1,416||$118|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in specific location which can influence insurance rates substantially.
The chart below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can increase or decrease Dodge Nitro insurance premiums for different ages of insureds. The rates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Dodge Nitro insurance premiums by gender and age
The chart below compares Dodge Nitro insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Learn How to Buy Car Insurance at a Discount
Many things are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your vehicle rating. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that aid in calculating car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that can earn you lower rates.
The factors shown below are some of the major factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
Older drivers are lower risk – Beginning drivers in Colorado tend to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. If you’ve ever had to add a inexperienced driver onto your car insurance can be very expensive. Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, are lower risk to insure, and usually have better credit.
The chart below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Do you have enough liability insurance? – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- How credit rating affects car insurance rates – Having a bad credit score can be a huge factor in determining your rates. If your credit score could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Dodge Nitro if you improve your credit rating. Insureds with high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have bad credit.
- Lower rates for vehicles with better crash test results – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If your Dodge Nitro scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Keep the miles off and save – The more miles you rack up on your Dodge in a year’s time the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars left parked in the garage cost less to insure as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An improperly rated Nitro can result in significantly higher rates. It’s a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet correctly shows the right rating data.
- Higher physical damage deductibles save money – Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your Dodge. Some instances where coverage would apply would be running into the backend of another car, hail damage, and burglary. The deductibles you choose are how much you are required to spend if a claim is determined to be covered. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
Local insurance agents
A small number of people still prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get better rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is especially important in Aurora.
Once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to companies in Aurora who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to compare rates for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Below are agents in Aurora willing to provide comparison quotes for Dodge Nitro insurance in Aurora.
- Lawrence Neal – State Farm Insurance Agent
15037 E Colfax Ave k – Aurora, CO 80011 – (303) 340-8849 – View Map
- John Baer – State Farm Insurance Agent
6155 S Main St #240 – Aurora, CO 80016 – (303) 680-7777 – View Map
- Wayne Johnson – State Farm Insurance Agent
12201 E Mississippi Ave #105 – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 695-6262 – View Map
- Robbie Wright – State Farm Insurance Agent
3091 S Jamaica Ct #130 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 597-1997 – View Map
Finding the right company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Does the agent help file claims?
Why you need insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Nitro in Aurora, paying for insurance is required by state law in Colorado and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Dodge and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $850 per year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
More affordable car insurance in Aurora can be found from both online companies and from local agencies, so you need to shop Aurora auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional carriers sell through independent agents.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can compare Dodge Nitro insurance premium rates in Aurora. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Aurora auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, extreme rates for teen drivers or even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Aurora? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)