The best way we recommend to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Aurora is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers who sell insurance in Colorado.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how companies set rates and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives additional tips to prevent expensive rate increases and find overlooked discounts.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The critical component of shopping around is to use identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get quotes from all possible companies. This ensures a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who shop around annually are highly likely to move their business because of the good chance of finding discount prices. A recent survey discovered that people who shopped around saved approximately $865 annually compared to policyholders who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price on car insurance is the reason for your visit, then knowing how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverage rates can help make the process easier.
Chevy Captiva Sport Insurance Premiums Can Be Cheaper
Many things are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but others are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that help determine your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this enables informed choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Vehicles with better crash test results means better rates – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you.
- Your vocation can affect premiums – Careers such as lawyers, business owners, and stock brokers have the highest average rates attributed to intense work situations and long work hours. On the flip side, occupations like scientists, engineers and the unemployed receive lower rates.
- Liability coverage limits should be high – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage provides coverage when you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It provides legal defense which can cost a lot. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Drive less and pay lower prices – The more you drive each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Verify your auto insurance coverage reflects how each vehicle is driven. An improperly rated Captiva Sport can cost quite a bit.
- Men tend to take more risk – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both genders are in fender benders at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get ticketed for serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Premiums are affected by your address – Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can be a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Residents of big cities tend to have congested traffic and much longer commute distances. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Lower performance equals lower insurance costs – The make and model of the car you need insurance for makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. Low performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Chevy Captiva Sport claim probability – Auto insurance companies analyze the history of losses to calculate a price that will offset losses. Vehicles that statistically have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for coverage. The table below shows the historical loss data for Chevy Captiva Sport vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Captiva Sport Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Captiva Sport 4dr 2WD 89 95 88 123 115 105BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may be missing some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before being credited. If you don’t get every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to monitor driving habits remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a deployed family member can result in better prices.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
A list of insurance companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, and good student.
- AAA includes discounts for education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good driver, good student, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include homeowner, mature driver, distant student, teen driver, switch companies, electronic funds transfer, and good student.
- GEICO may offer discounts for good student, military active duty, anti-theft, federal employee, seat belt use, and driver training.
- Esurance has savings for multi-car, defensive driver, good driver, DriveSense, and paid-in-full.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, driver’s education, passive restraint, safe vehicle, and student away at school.
Double check with each company or agent how you can save money. Savings might not be offered everywhere.
How much can you save?
We just showed you many ways to reduce Chevy Captiva Sport insurance rates online in Aurora. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced full coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for College Graduates in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)