Finding the cheapest insurance for your Toyota Prius V in Colorado can normally be difficult, but you can use the following methods to save time. There is a better way to shop for car insurance and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage on a Toyota and find the lowest possible price from Aurora insurance agents and online providers.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Aurora, CO. To buy cheap car insurance in CO, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Toyota Prius V in Aurora, insurance is required by state law in Colorado and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Toyota at a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying insurance outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America overpays more than $700 annually so it’s recommended you shop around every year to ensure rates are inline.
Get discounts on Aurora insurance
Insurance is not inexpensive, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Aurora and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home in Aurora may trigger a policy discount on insurance because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to scrutinize vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To locate insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
Car insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Some people still like to go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can find the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
By using this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Aurora who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good insurer should depend on more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
What types of auto insurance agents are in Aurora?
If you want to use a local Aurora insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Aurora can be classified as either independent or exclusive. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand the differences because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Aurora who can help you get price quotes.
- Wayne Johnson – State Farm Insurance Agent
12201 E Mississippi Ave #105 – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 695-6262 – View Map
- Lawrence Neal – State Farm Insurance Agent
15037 E Colfax Ave k – Aurora, CO 80011 – (303) 340-8849 – View Map
- State Farm Insurance Agency – Jason Hart
15201 E Moncrieff Pl e – Aurora, CO 80011 – (720) 920-9043 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get quotes from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison. They often place coverage with different regional companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Aurora willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Focus Insurance Agency
2993 S Peoria St #144 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 695-6220 – View Map
- Amercian Affordable Insurance: Arthur Blaszczyszn
10660 E Bethany Dr – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 577-9998 – View Map
- Colorado Insurance Professionals, Inc.
13693 E Iliff Ave – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 755-8600 – View Map
Auto insurance can be complex
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- What is glass protection for?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Aurora?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Which car insurance company is best in Colorado?
Insuring your vehicle with the best auto insurance company is difficult considering how many companies there are in Colorado. The company ratings in the next section could help you select which car insurance companies you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- Allstate – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- The General – 88%
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
Lower rates by being persistent
When searching for affordable Aurora auto insurance quotes, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Some companies may not provide rate quotes online and these smaller providers sell through local independent agencies. More affordable auto insurance in Aurora is possible online and with local Aurora insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Toyota Prius V insurance in Aurora
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for Toyota Prius V insurance in Aurora is to compare prices at least once a year from companies in Colorado.
Step 1: Read and learn about policy coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many risk factors that increase rates such as at-fault accidents and an imperfect credit rating can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A good tip to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Much more information about auto insurance in Colorado is available at the links below
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Aurora Car Insurance for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)