We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Insureds who shop around for cheaper prices will most likely switch companies because there is a high probability of finding a lower-priced company. A recent insurance study discovered that people who compared rates regularly saved as much as $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the best rates on car insurance is your ultimate objective, then learning a little about how to compare insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
The recommended way to find cheaper Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Aurora is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies in Colorado. This can be done by completing these steps.
- First, learn about how car insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as accidents, traffic violations, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get rates from every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Companies offering Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Aurora
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Aurora, CO. To get cheaper car insurance in Colorado, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Discounts for lower-cost auto insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise every policy discount very clearly, so the list below contains both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious auto insurance savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow data collection to study driving manner by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a class that teaches driver safety techniques could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers are able to get lower premium rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles may allow you to get cheaper prices.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Aurora, click here to view.
The Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Insurance Price Equation
Lots of things are considered when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, although others are less obvious such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
Cheaper rates after marriage – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on your policy. Having a spouse means you’re more responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Why do you need liability coverage? – The liability coverage on your policy is the coverage that protects you if you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Extra coverages are wasting money – Policies have extra add-on coverages that can add up but may not be useful. Insurance for things like rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Big cities mean more claims – Residing in a small town may provide you with better prices when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers who live in large Colorado cities have more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local Aurora insurance agent
A lot of people would rather talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local agencies is especially important in Aurora.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to participating agents in Aurora who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, just visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Aurora for you
When looking for a local insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they operate. Aurora agents are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can sell insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with mutual insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below are Aurora independent agents who may be able to give you free insurance rate quotes.
- Colorado Insurance Professionals, Inc.
13693 E Iliff Ave – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 755-8600 – View Map
- MG Insurance Brokers Llc
2600 S Parker Rd # 263 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 309-6200 – View Map
- A All City Auto Insurance
9720 E Colfax Ave – Aurora, CO 80010 – (303) 364-0555 – View Map
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. These agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent partially due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Aurora willing to provide price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Danielle Shannon Agency
6820 S Liverpool St d – Aurora, CO 80016 – (303) 676-8071 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Norma Contreras
4272 S Chambers Rd – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 699-3327 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Rick Laikola Agency Inc.
3102 S Parker Rd Ste A16 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 696-2666 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Colorado?
- Does their agency support local causes in Aurora?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim and even delays in paying claims. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
We just showed you many tips how you can reduce Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance prices online in Aurora. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Aurora auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Used Cars in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)