It takes a little time, but the best way to get budget car insurance rates in Aurora is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies who can sell car insurance in Colorado. This can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and an unacceptable credit rating can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article provides additional ideas to get better rates and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Mustang coverage is available. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new policy. Be sure to put the proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
It’s a fact that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Consumers who compare rates once a year are likely to switch companies because there are good odds of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent auto insurance study discovered that drivers who regularly shopped around saved over $70 a month compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If saving money on auto insurance is your target objective, then having some knowledge of how to quote and compare insurance premiums can make the process less intimidating.
Lowering your Ford Mustang insurance rates is actually easier than you may think. Just spend a little time comparing rate quotes from online providers.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Aurora, CO. If you want cheap auto insurance in Aurora, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Get cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Some insurance providers do not advertise all possible discounts very clearly, so the list below details both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Aurora auto insurance online.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some auto insurance companies provide a discount for switching policies before your current coverage expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Theft Deterrent System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies permit an accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Resident Student – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a course in driver safety may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings up to 30%.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple cars with the same auto insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The information below compares Ford Mustang insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The information is based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Colorado state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for anti-theft, good driver, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Travelers includes discounts for home ownership, continuous insurance, multi-car, student away at school, new car, good student, and save driver.
- American Family has savings for good student, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, good driver, air bags, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including exclusive group savings, good student, newly retired, new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, and hybrid vehicle.
When getting free Aurora auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company the best way to save money. Discounts might not apply in your state. To see auto insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
Ford Mustang insurance analysis
The coverage table shown next covers estimates of coverage costs for Ford Mustang models. Being aware of how car insurance premiums are established can benefit drivers when making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Mustang 2-Dr Convertible||$232||$534||$330||$20||$98||$1,214||$101|
|Mustang 2-Dr Coupe||$232||$534||$412||$24||$124||$1,326||$111|
|Mustang GT 2-Dr Convertible||$262||$614||$330||$20||$98||$1,324||$110|
|Mustang GT 2-Dr Coupe||$262||$614||$412||$24||$124||$1,436||$120|
|Mustang Shelby GT500 2-Dr Convertible||$292||$776||$330||$20||$98||$1,516||$126|
|Mustang Shelby GT500 2-Dr Coupe||$322||$856||$412||$24||$124||$1,738||$145|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in zip code location which can influence coverage rates noticeably.
Aurora auto insurance companies
Picking the highest-rated auto insurance provider is difficult considering how many different companies sell coverage in Colorado. The ranking data listed below may help you decide which car insurance companies to look at putting your business with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Good Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Prices
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
Cheaper rates with high deductibles – Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a broken side mirror, hitting a deer, or theft. The deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
Get better rates if married – Having a significant other may save some money on your auto insurance bill. Having a spouse means you’re more mature it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
City dwellers may pay more – Residing in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices when it comes to auto insurance. Less people means a lower chance of having an accident. Drivers who live in large Colorado cities have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and higher rates of accident claims. Longer commute distances can result in more accidents.
Do you need those add-on coverages? – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that can waste your money on your Mustang policy. Coverages for coverage for rental cars, accidental death, and membership fees are probably not needed. They may seem like a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Limits of liability protection – The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage if you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Are females or males drivers cheaper? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females tend to be a little less risky than males. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes are in fender benders at about the same rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Young men ages 16 to 20 tend to get in the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Ford Mustang auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on a clean driving record, no claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Cautious drivers pay the best prices – Your driving citation history has a big impact on rates. Good drivers get better rates compared to bad drivers. Getting just one moving violation can increase rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless violations like DUI or reckless driving are required to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The example below shows how violations and at-fault accidents raise Ford Mustang premium costs for different age categories. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Loss statistics for a Ford Mustang – Companies analyze the history of losses to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Models that tend to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates.
The table below outlines the collected loss data for Ford Mustang vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, equals 100. Percentage values below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Mustang 2dr||175||80||131||109||136||117|
|Ford Mustang GT 2dr||171||61||143||82|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years