Astonishing but true according to a recent study, the vast majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never compared car insurance rates at all. Many drivers in Colorado could save an average of as much as 35% each year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to go online and compare rates.
The easiest way to save on Ford Freestyle insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers who sell auto insurance in Aurora. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to understand what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. When you receive it, keep your new proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
One bit of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you have a current insurance policy, you should be able to get lower rates using this information. The purpose of this post is to tell you how to compare rates easily and some tips to save money. Although Colorado drivers can benefit by having an understanding of the way companies sell online and use this information to your advantage.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Ford Freestyle insurance in Aurora
Some companies don’t always publicize every discount very well, so the list below contains both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts that may be available. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Aurora car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Early Signing – Some companies provide a discount for switching companies before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Aurora car insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Just know that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include five-year accident-free, federal employee, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, and daytime running lights.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for driver training, save driver, IntelliDrive, continuous insurance, good student, and home ownership.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including multi-policy, safe driver, youthful driver, driver training, renewal discount, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for teen driver discount, newly married, newly retired, multi-car, and exclusive group savings.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including good student, TimeAway discount, early bird, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, accident-free, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, and homeowner.
Check with every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not apply in Aurora. To choose insurers who offer free Ford Freestyle insurance quotes in Colorado, follow this link.
The most recommended method to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to realize most of the larger companies will pay a fee to give rate comparisons. All you need to do is provide information including if you require a SR-22, deductibles desired, if you have an active license, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. Your details gets transmitted to insurance companies and you receive quotes within a short period of time.
To start a rate quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Aurora.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Aurora, CO. To get cheap auto insurance in Aurora, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Buying from insurance agencies
Many drivers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you may find the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to insurance agents in Aurora who will give you bids for your coverage. You won’t even need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an company should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- How long has their agency been in business in Aurora?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
What types of auto insurance agents are in Aurora?
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two types of agencies and how they work. Auto insurance agencies can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Drivers often use the same agent partially due to high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Aurora willing to provide price quotes.
- Denise Smith – State Farm Insurance
1278 S Chambers Rd – Aurora, CO 80017 – (303) 343-3515 – View Map
- Melissa Kitowski – State Farm Insurance Agent
13750 E Rice Pl Ste 101 – Aurora, CO 80015 – (303) 680-6666 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Denise M. Franklyn
13768 E Quincy Ave – Aurora, CO 80015 – (303) 693-8968 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company so they can write business with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured. If you need lower rates, it’s recommended you get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. Most also have access to lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Aurora who can help you get comparison quotes.
- All Drivers Insurance
12142 E Mississippi Ave – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 695-1000 – View Map
- Premier Insurance
2241 S Peoria St # 202 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 337-3600 – View Map
- A Complete Auto Insurance Agency
543 Sable Blvd – Aurora, CO 80011 – (303) 650-0060 – View Map
Auto insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision – Collision insurance covers damage to your Freestyle from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Freestyle to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as falling objects, a broken windshield, hail damage, vandalism and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (Colorado limits are 25/50/15), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Liability – Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. It protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/15 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $15,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as court costs, emergency aid, pain and suffering, medical services and funeral expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Colorado requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/15 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Insurance for medical payments – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses for chiropractic care, hospital visits, dental work, nursing services and pain medications. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Budget-friendly insurance in Aurora is possible from both online companies in addition to many Aurora insurance agents, so you need to shop Aurora car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to save on Ford Freestyle insurance in Aurora. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best rates are with a small mutual company.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Toyota Highlander in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Aurora Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)