If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get discount auto insurance rates in Aurora is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers in Colorado.
First, get an understanding of individual coverages and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that drive up the price such as accidents, careless driving, and bad credit can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for more details to help find cheaper rates and get bigger discounts.
Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the newly selected company. Once coverage is bound, place the new proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Insureds who compare rates once a year are likely to buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent auto insurance study discovered that consumers who regularly compared price quotes saved on average $850 each year compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving the most money on Buick Lesabre insurance is your intention, then learning about how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
Affordable Aurora car insurance quotes with discounts
Some companies don’t always advertise the entire discount list very clearly, so we break down some of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Aurora car insurance online.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home in Aurora can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best car insurance rates when compared with bad drivers.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few car insurance companies.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow companies to scrutinize their driving habits by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Smart Student Discounts – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted price on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
Discounts lower rates, but most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Insurance companies that may offer quotes with these money-saving discounts include:
Double check with every insurance company how you can save money. A few discounts may not apply to policies in every state. To locate car insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Colorado, click here.
Keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies helps improve the odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Aurora, CO. To get the best cheap car insurance in Aurora, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Why Your Insurance Prices might be higher
Many factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your commute time.
- Car and home together may be cheaper – The majority of insurance companies apply discounts to people who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, drivers will still want to shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates. You may still find a better deal by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Lower deductibles cost more – The deductibles you choose represent how much money you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Coverage for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a stationary object, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Drive less and pay lower prices – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the higher your rate. A lot of companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. It’s a good idea to make sure your car insurance coverage is showing annual mileage, because it can save money. Improper usage on your Lesabre may be costing you.
- Higher rates for car insurance policy lapses – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse can be a quick way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in fines and jail time.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local Aurora insurance agency
Many people would rather go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A good thing about comparing insurance online is you may find lower rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting local agents is definitely important in Aurora.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Aurora that can provide free Aurora car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to you. It’s the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
When finding local Aurora agents, it helps to know the two different types of agencies to choose from. Aurora agents are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, we recommend you check rates from several independent agencies to maximize your price options. Many write coverage with small mutual carriers which can be an advantage.
The following is a small list of independent agents in Aurora who may provide price quote information.
- All Drivers Insurance
12142 E Mississippi Ave – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 695-1000 – View Map
- Amercian Affordable Insurance: Arthur Blaszczyszn
10660 E Bethany Dr – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 577-9998 – View Map
- Colorado Insurance Professionals, Inc.
13693 E Iliff Ave – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 755-8600 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are Aurora exclusive insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
- Sam Smith – State Farm Insurance Agent
13688 E Iliff Ave a – Aurora, CO 80014 – (720) 535-5506 – View Map
- State Farm: Anne Sandoval
18511 E Hampden Ave #210 – Aurora, CO 80013 – (303) 699-8883 – View Map
- John Baer – State Farm Insurance Agent
6155 S Main St #240 – Aurora, CO 80016 – (303) 680-7777 – View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
Buying the right vehicle insurance in Colorado is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Buick Lesabre in Aurora, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Lesabre with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Buick at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Buick but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Lesabre definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Aurora overpays more than $820 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to save money.
Quote. Compare. Save.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers, high prices and even not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, switching auto insurance companies is easier than you think.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
There are still a few companies who may not provide internet price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents. Discount Buick Lesabre insurance can be purchased on the web and with local Aurora insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional information is located at the links below
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Aurora? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Aurora Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)