Unbelievable but true according to a study a large majority of car insurance policyholders have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Colorado insurance shoppers can save up to $610 each year, but they won’t spend time to shop around.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Aurora is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Colorado.
- Try to comprehend how auto insurance works and the things you can control to lower rates. Many things that increase rates such as speeding and an unfavorable credit rating can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Auto insurance providers offering low-cost price quotes in Colorado
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Insurance Cost Influencing Factors
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but other factors are less apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. These vehicles reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Ford is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Always have auto insurance – Driving without insurance is a big no-no and companies may charge more for letting your insurance expire. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Colorado motor vehicle department.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Colorado award the best rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Rates may be higher where you live – Being located in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People in densely populated areas have much more traffic and much longer commute distances. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Don’t get traffic citations – Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. Getting just one ticket could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Drivers who get careless citations like DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to file a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Incidental coverages you don’t need – There are a lot of additional coverages you can purchase if you aren’t diligent. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, high-cost glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage could be just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but now you might not need them so remove them and pocket the money.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The higher the miles on your Ford in a year the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies rate vehicles partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. Having the wrong rating on your Fiesta can result in significantly higher rates. Make sure your vehicle rating properly reflects the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Car and home together may be cheaper – Many companies allow a discount to customers that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Insurance loss statistics a Ford Fiesta – Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Models that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will have a higher premium rate.
The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Ford Fiesta vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less imply a favorable loss record, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Ford Fiesta Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Fiesta 96 91 73 115 123 113BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may qualify for discounts for Ford Fiesta insurance in Aurora
Some insurers do not list all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details some of the more common as well as the least known credits available to you.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Aurora auto insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver’s education class if offered at their school.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Seniors can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application on the web.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of up to 25% or more.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Auto insurance companies that may offer policyholders some of the above discounts include:
Before buying, ask every prospective company how you can save money. Some discounts might not apply in your area. To locate insurance companies who offer discounts in Aurora, click here.
You may need help from an insurance agent
A lot of people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to leave your house as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on a insurance company requires you to look at more than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Aurora?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Does the agent help file claims?
Aurora car insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you want to buy insurance from a good Aurora insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can do a good job, but it is a good idea to know how they differ because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
Agents of this type work for only one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. These agents are well schooled on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Aurora willing to provide price quote information.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to include price quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Aurora willing to provide price quotes.
A Complete Auto Insurance Agency
543 Sable Blvd – Aurora, CO 80011 – (303) 650-0060 – View Map
If you feel you receive reasonable responses to all your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, you may have just found a car insurance agent that meets your needs to insure your vehicles.
Which car insurance company is best in Aurora?
Insuring your vehicle with a good quality insurance company can be a challenge considering how many different companies sell coverage in Aurora. The company rank data listed below could help you decide which providers to look at buying from.
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Will just any policy work for me?
When selecting coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Is my Ford Fiesta covered if I use it for business?
- What happens if I owe more than my Ford Fiesta is worth?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Quote more and you will save more
You just read many ideas to shop for Ford Fiesta insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Cost effective Ford Fiesta insurance can be purchased online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
More tips and info about insurance can be found in these articles:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Aurora Auto Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)