If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get affordable Dodge Challenger insurance in Aurora is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies who provide auto insurance in Colorado. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many things that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for instructions to help keep prices low and find missing discounts.
- Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for the new coverage. Don’t forget to place your new proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who compare rates at least once a year will presumably switch to a new company because of the good chance of finding a more affordable policy. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who routinely compared quotes saved over $72 a month compared to policyholders who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then knowing how to shop for coverage rates can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
If you already have coverage, you will surely be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the concepts covered in this article. Obtaining price quotes for more affordable car insurance policy in Aurora is simple if you know the tricks. Although Colorado vehicle owners need to have an understanding of how insurance companies calculate your car insurance rates because it can help you find the best coverage.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Dodge Challenger insurance in Aurora
Auto insurance can be pricey, but you may find discounts that may help make it more affordable. Most are applied when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple cars on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Sign Online – Some companies will give a small break just for signing your application over the internet.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit may lower your auto insurance rates slightly.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching to them prior to your current Challenger insurance policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- College Student – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Aurora and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on Challenger insurance in Aurora.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Challenger premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rates are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Colorado state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
A partial list of companies who might offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
If you want low cost Aurora auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Savings might not be offered on policies in your area. To view insurance companies who offer free Dodge Challenger insurance quotes in Colorado, click here.
To get cheaper Aurora auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing rate quotes from many available auto insurance companies in Colorado. The best way to find the cheapest insurance rates consists of shopping online. It’s important to know that comparing a wide range of rates helps locate a better price. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide Aurora Challenger insurance quotes online, so it’s important to compare quotes from them, too.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Aurora, CO. In order to find cheaper car insurance in Aurora, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance statistics for a Dodge Challenger
The premium table below outlines different insurance costs for Dodge Challenger models. Learning how insurance prices are formulated can benefit drivers when making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can revise price quotes noticeably.
Dodge Challenger liability-only versus full coverage
The chart below shows the comparison of Dodge Challenger insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Colorado. The costs are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no specific rule for phasing out physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Challenger settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $800 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
When buying a policy, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- What are good deductibles for a Dodge Challenger?
- When should I not file a claim?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Auto insurance quotes from local Aurora insurance agencies
A lot of people would rather talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from small agencies is important especially in Aurora.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you need to find a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agencies can either be independent or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you get quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Aurora who may be able to give you comparison quotes.
- Amercian Affordable Insurance: Arthur Blaszczyszn
10660 E Bethany Dr – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 577-9998 – View Map
- Premier Insurance
2241 S Peoria St # 202 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 337-3600 – View Map
- Colorado Insurance Professionals, Inc.
13693 E Iliff Ave – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 755-8600 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only write with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Aurora willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Stacy Nimmo – State Farm Insurance Agent
1399 S Havana St #201-G – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 364-6900 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Larry Meurisse
1710 S Buckley Rd Unit 6 – Aurora, CO 80017 – (303) 752-1441 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Bernard Demichelis
15062 E Mississippi Ave – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 750-5555 – View Map
Picking a insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Before buying a policy in Aurora, get answers to these questions.
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- How long has the business existed?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Colorado?
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, policy non-renewal, high rates after DUI convictions or being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new car insurance company is less work than it seems.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can lower your Dodge Challenger insurance rates in Aurora. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Dodge Challenger insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company.
Cheaper car insurance in Aurora can be sourced online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Aurora? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- How Much are Aurora Auto Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)