How long have you put off shopping around for more competitive Cadillac CTS insurance in Aurora? Are you tired of being strong-armed to buy auto insurance? You are no different than many other Colorado consumers.
Unbelievably, most drivers in Colorado have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Most drivers in the U.S. could save an average of up to $859 each year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to compare rate quotes online.
How to find better rates for Cadillac CTS insurance in Aurora
It takes a little time, but the best way to get discount car insurance rates in Aurora is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Colorado. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- First, take a little time to learn about auto insurance and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as high-risk driving behaviors and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. Find an Aurora insurance agent
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Aurora. If you can save money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new insurance company. Once received, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
The critical component of shopping around is to use identical coverage information on each price quote and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Big-name insurance companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO constantly blast consumers with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to sift through the bull and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Auto insurance statistics and figures
The premium table shown next showcases different coverage costs for Cadillac CTS models. Understanding more about how policy premiums are established can aid in making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CTS Luxury AWD||$350||$620||$460||$28||$138||$1,596||$133|
|CTS Performance AWD||$350||$620||$460||$28||$138||$1,596||$133|
|CTS Premium AWD||$390||$620||$460||$28||$138||$1,636||$136|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in zip code location which can increase or decrease insurance rates noticeably.
Full coverage or liability only
The information below shows the difference between Cadillac CTS car insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The data assumes no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no specific rule to eliminate comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Cadillac CTS settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying more than $600 a year for physical damage coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
What Determines Cadillac CTS Insurance Premiums?
Many things are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, although others are less apparent such as whether you are married or your commute time.
Are you male or female? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. This data doesn’t prove that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both genders are in accidents in similar numbers, but the men get into accidents with more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations such as reckless driving.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Cadillac CTS insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on a clean driving record, no claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- You might pay higher costs if you are single – Being married may cut your premiums when buying insurance. It means you’re more mature and responsible and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
- High insurance claims frequency drives up rates – Auto insurance companies in Colorado give lower rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file a lot of claims you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is intended for larger claims.
- Safer cars mean better prices – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates.
Insurance loss probability for a Cadillac CTS – Car insurance companies study historical loss data when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that are shown to have higher number or severity of losses will be charged more to insure.
The table below demonstrates the historical loss data for Cadillac CTS vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is equal to 100. Values that are 100 or less imply a favorable loss record, while values over 100 point to more losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Cadillac CTS Models Specific Cadillac Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac CTS 4dr 2WD 123 72 118 73 Cadillac CTS 4dr 4WD 127 75 98 75 Cadillac CTS-V 2dr 174 74 135BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare car insurance prices regularly to save
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to save on Cadillac CTS insurance in Aurora. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Aurora car insurance, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Aurora car insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
When shopping online for car insurance, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
Lower-priced car insurance in Aurora is definitely available online and also from your neighborhood Aurora agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who don’t offer price quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
Steps to quoting cheaper Cadillac CTS insurance in Aurora
It takes a little time, but the best way to find cheaper quotes for Cadillac CTS insurance is to compare quotes annually from different companies that insure vehicles in Aurora. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Get an understanding of how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like your driving record and bad credit can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper CTS coverage is available in Aurora. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new insurance company. Once the application is submitted, place the new proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to use identical coverages on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Sonata in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Aurora Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Aurora? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Aurora Auto Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- How Much is Aurora Car Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Real Estate Agents in Aurora? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)