If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find the cheapest price for Kia Sportage insurance in Aurora is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers who provide car insurance in Colorado.
First, try to comprehend the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a negative credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. Find an Aurora insurance agent
Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new coverage. Once received, put the certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
The most important part of this process is to try to compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s hard to believe, but the vast majority of Colorado auto insurance customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could save an average of roughly 47% each year, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to compare rate quotes.
Save a ton on Kia Sportage insurance in Aurora with these auto insurance discounts
Companies don’t always advertise every available discount very well, so we researched some of the more common and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Aurora car insurance online.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a defensive driver class could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
The information below shows the comparison of Kia Sportage insurance prices with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premiums assume a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Colorado state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, multiple autos, driver’s education, good student, multiple policy, accident-free, and safe vehicle.
- American Family discounts include bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, good student, good driver, and mySafetyValet.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for military active duty, driver training, membership and employees, multi-policy, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, and seat belt use.
- 21st Century offers discounts including teen driver, air bags, defensive driver, homeowners, theft prevention, and driver training.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, and good student.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in Aurora.
All the larger insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive give prices from their websites. The process can be done by anyone as you just enter the coverage amounts you desire into a form. Behind the scenes, the system automatically orders reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote based on the data you entered. Getting online quotes for Kia Sportage insurance in Aurora helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to find lower-cost rates.
To find out if lower rates are available, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you type in the coverages just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will get an apples-to-apples comparison for similar coverage.
The following companies can provide free quotes in Colorado. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Aurora, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Kia Sportage detailed coverage information
The data table shown next showcases estimates of rate quotes for Kia Sportage models. Learning how policy rates are established can aid in making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$214||$372||$474||$28||$142||$1,230||$103|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$214||$372||$474||$28||$142||$1,230||$103|
|Sportage EX 2WD 4-Dr||$244||$454||$474||$28||$142||$1,342||$112|
|Sportage LX 4WD 4-Dr||$244||$454||$474||$28||$142||$1,342||$112|
|Sportage EX 4WD 4-Dr||$244||$454||$474||$28||$142||$1,342||$112|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Information does not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower price quotes considerably.
The example below demonstrates how deductible levels and can influence Kia Sportage insurance premiums for different age categories. Data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Insurance cost for men versus women
The chart below shows the difference between Kia Sportage premium costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Do you need full coverage?
The diagram below compares Kia Sportage car insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The premiums assume no violations or accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There isn’t a steadfast formula of when to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Kia Sportage book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $8,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $800 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
How Insurance Companies Determine Kia Sportage Insurance Costs
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like an MVR report, although others are not as apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
The following are just a few of the factors that factor into your premiums.
- Urban areas may pay more – Having an address in a rural area can save you money when talking about car insurance. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have much more traffic and longer commute times. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower premiums – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Add-on coverages can cost a lot – There are many additional extra coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Add-on coverages like coverage for rental cars, towing, and motor club memberships are probably not needed. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Obey driving laws and save – Your driving citation history impacts premiums far more than you think. Careful drivers have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Having just one speeding ticket could increase your next policy renewal by as much as thirty percent. People who have dangerous citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The information below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders increase Kia Sportage insurance prices for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher car insurance rates – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a steep fine or even jail time.
Teen drivers are expensive to insure – More experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers. Beginning drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
The data below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Save money by having multiple policies – Many insurers apply lower prices to clients who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you’re getting this discount drivers will still want to compare other company rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- High physical damage deductibles lower rates – Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your Kia. Some examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, hitting a deer, and burglary. Comp and collision deductibles define how much you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The more damage repair cost the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Insurance losses for a Kia Sportage – Car insurance companies factor in historical loss data to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Models that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates.
The table below outlines the historical loss data for Kia Sportage vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Percentage values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Kia Sportage Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Sportage 4dr 2WD 82 100 66 113 127 109 Kia Sportage 4dr 4WD 90 100 83 116 108 101BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people just want to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find lower prices but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Aurora.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to companies in Aurora who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you want to use an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents that you can select. Insurance agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Aurora that may be able to give price quote information.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Aurora that are able to give comparison quotes.
American Family Insurance – Steve Sellers Agency Inc.
15200 E Girard Ave Ste 4025 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 696-2698 – View Map
Selecting a insurance agency should include more criteria than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Colorado?
- How long has their agency been open in Aurora?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Are they full-time agents?
- How often do they review coverages?
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Kia has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia at an extremely high rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Kia gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $820 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Best auto insurance company in Aurora
Finding a highly-rated car insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies there are in Aurora. The ranking information listed below can help you decide which insurers to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
Auto insurance savings summarized
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
There are still a few companies who don’t offer internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through independent agents. Affordable Kia Sportage insurance in Aurora can be sourced online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
More information is located at these links:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)