To save the most money, the best way to find discount Jeep Patriot insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in Aurora.
First, learn about how companies set rates and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit score can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for additional tips to help prevent high rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for many different companies. View insurance agents
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Aurora. If you can save some money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Once the application is submitted, put the proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
An essential thing to point out is that you use the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. People who shop around for the cheapest price will, in all likelihood, buy a different policy because there is a good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A survey found that drivers who compared prices once a year saved over $70 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the best price on auto insurance in Aurora is your objective, then knowing how to shop and compare cheaper coverage can save money and time.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Aurora is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you already have coverage, you will be able to find better prices using the concepts covered in this article. Comparison shoppers just have to understand the most time-saving way to compare price quotes using one simple form.
Compare Aurora Jeep Patriot insurance rate quotes
All the larger auto insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm provide insurance quotes directly from their websites. Comparing prices online for Jeep Patriot insurance in Aurora is easy for anyone because you just enter your coverage preferences on the page. After you submit the form their system makes automated requests for information on your driving record and credit history and gives you a price quote based on these and other factors. Getting online rate quotes for Jeep Patriot insurance in Aurora makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to do this if you are searching for lower-cost auto insurance pricing.
To compare rates using this form now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This ensures you will be getting rate quotes for similar coverage.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Colorado. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Aurora, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the most competitive price.
Rates and other information
The rate table shown below covers a range of rate quotes for Jeep Patriot models. Having a good understanding how insurance quotes are established is important for drivers to make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Patriot Sport 2WD||$192||$304||$352||$20||$106||$974||$81|
|Patriot Sport 4WD||$192||$304||$352||$20||$106||$974||$81|
|Patriot Limited 2WD||$220||$368||$352||$20||$106||$1,066||$89|
|Patriot Limited 4WD||$220||$368||$352||$20||$106||$1,066||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in your specific Aurora location which can raise or lower auto insurance rates considerably.
Impact of careless driving on auto insurance rates
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents can increase Jeep Patriot insurance rates for different age groups. The information is based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Auto insurance prices based on gender
The example below visualizes the comparison of Jeep Patriot yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Jeep Patriot in Aurora, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will require you to buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Jeep at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your car insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $825 a year so compare rate quotes every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Eight Tips to Get Cheaper Aurora Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but some are more transparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
The list below includes a few of the things used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Better rates with anti-theft devices – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help prevent auto theft.
- Poor credit history equals high prices – An insured’s credit rating will be a significant factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit history can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your Jeep Patriot by taking the time to improve your credit score. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower ratings.
- Don’t cut corners with liability insurance – Liability coverage will afford coverage in the event that you are responsible for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Little extras can really add up – Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Patriot policy. Coverages for rental car coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment at first, but if they’re wasting money remove them and pocket the money.
- Discounts for married couples – Being married may earn you lower rates when shopping for auto insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more stable financially and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – Auto insurance companies in Colorado generally give the lowest premiums to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Cheaper premiums for prior coverage – Going without insurance will be a quick way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage may result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the Colorado department of motor vehicles.
High premiums for teen drivers – More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers. Young drivers are known to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher.
The chart below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Insurance loss data for Jeep Patriot vehicles – Companies factor in insurance loss information when they calculate premium costs for each model. Models that the data shows to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates. The table below outlines the insurance loss data used by companies for Jeep Patriot vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Jeep Patriot Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Patriot 4dr 2WD 80 139 65 123 121 140 Jeep Patriot 4dr 4WD 73 121 67 98 100 111BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Be persistent to save money
More affordable car insurance in Aurora is attainable both online and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies may not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
You just learned a lot of ways to get a better price on Jeep Patriot insurance in Aurora. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Aurora car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the best premium rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.