Chevy Tahoe insurance cost image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
It's an obvious statement that insurance companies don't want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who shop around will probably buy a different policy because there is a significant possibility of finding better rates. A recent insurance study discovered that people who regularly shopped around saved an average of $860 a year compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving money on Chevy Tahoe insurance is the reason you're reading this, then having a good understanding how to quote prices and compare coverages can save time, money, and frustration.
The best way to get more affordable Chevy Tahoe insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers who provide auto insurance in Aurora.
- Step 1: Read about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a substandard credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives more information to help reduce premium rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Aurora. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new carrier. Make sure you keep your new proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The key thing to remember is to use the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to compare as many companies as you can. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
This information will tell you how car insurance companies work. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will surely be able to cut your premiums using the concepts you're about to learn. Drivers just need to understand the best way to buy insurance online.
The majority of larger companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm give pricing on the web. Doing online quotes for Chevy Tahoe insurance in Aurora is fairly simple as all you need to do is type in your coverage preferences into the form. After the form is submitted, the company's rating system makes automated requests for your credit score and driving record and returns a price quote determined by many factors.
Getting online quotes for Chevy Tahoe insurance in Aurora streamlines rate comparisons, and it is imperative to perform this step if you want to get a better rate.
If you want to use this form to compare rates, compare quotes from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you type in the coverage information as shown on your current policy. This ensures you will get comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer quotes in Aurora, CO. To find cheap auto insurance in Aurora, we recommend you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
Chevy Tahoe detailed coverage information
The information below highlights different insurance coverage prices for Chevy Tahoe models. Learning a little about how insurance quotes are established can be valuable when making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tahoe LS 2WD||$302||$546||$352||$20||$106||$1,326||$111|
|Tahoe LS 4WD||$342||$546||$352||$20||$106||$1,366||$114|
|Tahoe LT 2WD||$342||$546||$352||$20||$106||$1,366||$114|
|Tahoe LT 4WD||$342||$546||$352||$20||$106||$1,366||$114|
|Tahoe LTZ 2WD||$342||$644||$352||$20||$106||$1,464||$122|
|Tahoe LTZ 4WD||$342||$644||$352||$20||$106||$1,464||$122|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase rates considerably.
The example below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact Chevy Tahoe insurance prices for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Car insurance just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Tahoe in Aurora, insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it's most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Chevy but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to save money.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Chevy Tahoe insurance in Aurora
Companies offering auto insurance don't always publicize all discounts very well, so we break down some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on insurance.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy and place coverage with the same company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive Chevrolet Tahoe insurance in Aurora.
- ABS Brakes - Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Accident Free - Claim-free drivers pay less as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Drive Safe and Save - Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but certain companies may permit one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Aurora Homeowners Pay Less - Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Mature Driver Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
The example below illustrates the difference between Chevy Tahoe premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Colorado state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- State Farm includes discounts for accident-free, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, and good driver.
- Nationwide offers discounts for family plan, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, defensive driving, and business or organization.
- GEICO may offer discounts for air bags, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, driver training, and good student.
- AAA may have discounts that include education and occupation, anti-theft, pay-in-full, good driver, AAA membership discount, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century discounts include homeowners, automatic seat belts, defensive driver, good student, theft prevention, and air bags.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for good student, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, air bag, bundle, defensive driver, and driver training.
If you need lower rates, check with every company to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in your state. To locate insurance companies with the best Chevy Tahoe insurance discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
Auto insurance is available from local agents
Some consumers still prefer to have an agent's advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing rates online is you can get cheaper prices and also buy local. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Aurora.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to companies in Aurora who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific company, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local Aurora insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they operate. Aurora agents are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but it's important to point out the subtle differences because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they can insure your vehicles through many different auto insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
When comparing auto insurance prices, it's a good idea to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies you've never heard of that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agents in Aurora that may be able to provide rate quotes.
- Focus Insurance Agency
2993 S Peoria St #144 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 695-6220 - View Map
- L.A. Insurance Agency
9601 E Colfax Ave - Aurora, CO 80010 - (303) 577-2400 - View Map
- A Complete Home and Auto Insurance Agency
1080 S Sable Blvd - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 344-2886 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. They receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Aurora willing to provide price quotes.
- American Family Insurance - Patricia Davis
1627 S Havana St e - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 360-9831 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Patricia Rusho
13780 E Rice Pl #112 - Aurora, CO 80015 - (303) 317-2411 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Norma Contreras
4272 S Chambers Rd - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 699-3327 - View Map
Finding a good insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Aurora should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
Information about specific coverages
Having a good grasp of car insurance can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Medical expense insurance - Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for bills for pain medications, hospital visits, doctor visits and dental work. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) - This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, a broken windshield, hitting a deer and hitting a bird. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage - Collision coverage pays for damage to your Tahoe resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door, crashing into a ditch and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Tahoe to save money on collision insurance.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers - This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Tahoe.
Since many Colorado drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/15 in Colorado), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Auto liability insurance - Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to other people or property. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn't cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/15 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $15,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for claims such as medical expenses, loss of income, repair bills for other people's vehicles, medical services and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Colorado state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/15 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The illustration below shows why minimum state limits may not be adequate.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
Some insurance providers do not provide rate quotes online and many times these regional carriers work with independent insurance agents. The cheapest Chevy Tahoe insurance in Aurora can be purchased online and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Chevy Tahoe insurance in Aurora. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Chevrolet Tahoe insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the smaller companies.
When shopping online for insurance, don't be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Additional information is located on the following sites:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Aurora? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4 in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)