Locating better insurance prices for an Acura TLX in Colorado can normally be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to find lower rates. There are both good and bad ways to buy auto insurance so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to get price quotes on a Acura and get the lowest price either online or from Aurora insurance agents.
If you are already insured or want to find a cheaper company, use these cost-cutting techniques to cut your premiums and still have adequate protection. Comparing rates for the lowest cost coverage in Aurora is not as hard as you think. You just need to know the quickest way to compare rates from many different companies online.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Colorado. If you want the cheapest auto insurance in Colorado, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Acura TLX in Aurora, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your TLX, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Acura at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for it.
Third, car insurance protects not only your Acura TLX but also your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $830 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Earn discounts on Aurora car insurance
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both the well known as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- No Claims – Aurora drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off depending on your car insurance provider.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Aurora car insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount should help reduce the amount you have to pay.
Popular car insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for good student, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, and defensive driver.
- Travelers offers discounts for payment discounts, hybrid/electric vehicle, home ownership, early quote, IntelliDrive, and continuous insurance.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include driver training, safe driver, 55 and retired, youthful driver, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for multi-policy, new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, newly retired, good student, and new move discount.
- American Family discounts include accident-free, defensive driver, early bird, mySafetyValet, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above might not apply in your state. If you would like to view companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Colorado, click here to view.
Insurance agents near you
A lot of people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find lower car insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this short form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house because prices are sent directly to you. In the event you want to compare prices from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing a company requires more thought than just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Is there a local claims center in Aurora?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
When researching a good insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Agencies in Aurora are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can properly insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know how they are different since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents work for only one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. They receive extensive training on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often use the same agent partially due to the prominent brand name rather than low price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Aurora that are able to give price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Bernard Demichelis
15062 E Mississippi Ave – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 750-5555 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Archie Verhoeff
13743 E Mississippi Ave #100 – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 363-1757 – View Map
- Mark Vissering – State Farm Insurance Agent
1852 S Havana St – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 745-0034 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to include several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to companies you’ve never heard of which may have better rates.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Aurora that can give you comparison quotes.
- Focus Insurance Agency
2993 S Peoria St #144 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 695-6220 – View Map
- L.A. Insurance Agency
9601 E Colfax Ave – Aurora, CO 80010 – (303) 577-2400 – View Map
- A All City Auto Insurance
9720 E Colfax Ave – Aurora, CO 80010 – (303) 364-0555 – View Map
When to get professional advice
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Colorado?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Colorado drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 25/50/15), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hail damage and vandalism. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills for things like nursing services, surgery, rehabilitation expenses, EMT expenses and prosthetic devices. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability – Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/15 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $15,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things like bail bonds, medical services and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford. Colorado state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/15 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
The illustration below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be adequate.
Collision coverage – This coverage covers damage to your TLX caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your TLX in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Persistence will pay off
Budget-conscious Acura TLX insurance can be purchased from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Aurora agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these regional carriers only sell through independent agencies.
When searching for low cost Aurora car insurance quotes, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
We just presented many tips how you can find cheaper Acura TLX insurance in Aurora. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company.
How to find low-cost rates for Acura TLX insurance in Aurora
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for Acura TLX insurance is to compare quotes annually from companies in Aurora.
- Read about policy coverages and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause rate increases like speeding tickets, careless driving and a lousy credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found at these sites:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)