A study showed that nearly 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. The average driver in the U.S. could save an average of 47% each year just by comparing rates, but most just don’t grasp the rate savings if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Really, the only way to get more affordable Hyundai Equus insurance is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers in Aurora. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
First, get a basic knowledge of how auto insurance works and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as high-risk driving behaviors and your credit history can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for additional ideas to get cheaper coverage and get additional discounts that may be available.
Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new carrier. Once the application is submitted, store the certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
To find the cheapest Hyundai Equus rate quotes, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes from different Aurora insurance companies. One of the best ways to find the cheapest Hyundai Equus insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
Doing online rate quotes comparisons is so easy that it takes the place of having to actually drive to and from local Aurora insurance agencies. The internet has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the professional assistance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Although, it is possible get prices online but have your policy serviced through an agent. When price shopping your coverage, comparing more prices helps increase your odds of locating more affordable insurance. Some regional insurers cannot provide online price quotes, so it’s necessary to compare price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in Colorado. If you want cheap car insurance in Aurora, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Hyundai in Aurora, paying for auto insurance is required in Colorado but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Hyundai, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Hyundai for a lot more money and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Hyundai gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver is overpaying over $855 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Slash rates with these nine discounts on Hyundai Equus insurance in Aurora
Auto insurance companies do not list every discount very well, so below is a list both the well known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Aurora car insurance online. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Payment Method – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- GEICO offers discounts including emergency military deployment, military active duty, federal employee, defensive driver, anti-theft, and multi-vehicle.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for teen driver, air bags, safe driver, mature driver, anti-lock brakes, group or association, and paperless.
- American Family includes discounts for TimeAway discount, defensive driver, good driver, good student, multi-vehicle, and accident-free.
- Esurance may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, online shopper, paid-in-full, anti-theft, multi-car, and good driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, and online signing.
- State Farm has savings for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, student away at school, defensive driving training, and accident-free.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-car, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, education and occupation, good student, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in Aurora. For a list of providers with discount rates in Aurora, click here to view.
When to contact an insurance agent
Many people still like to go talk to an agent and that is OK! An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheaper prices and also buy local. Putting coverage with small agencies is definitely important in Aurora.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents that can give you free Aurora car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to compare rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local Aurora insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agencies are considered either independent or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Aurora that may be able to provide pricing information.
A All City Auto Insurance
9720 E Colfax Ave – Aurora, CO 80010 – (303) 364-0555 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below are Aurora exclusive agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
Picking the best insurance agent should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in Aurora, get answers to these questions.
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
After receiving good feedback to your questions as well as inexpensive Hyundai Equus insurance in Aurora quotes, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can provide auto insurance coverage. Just remember you have the power to cancel coverage for any reason so don’t think you’re contractually obligated to the auto insurance policy with no way to switch.
What is the best car insurance company in Aurora?
Picking the best auto insurance provider can be difficult considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Aurora. The company information below may help you analyze which coverage providers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- Allstate – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- The General – 88%
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
Educate yourself about car insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of car insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property. It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/15 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims such as bail bonds, pain and suffering, medical services, funeral expenses and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Colorado requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/15 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The chart below shows why low liability limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Hyundai Equus.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 25/50/15), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for short-term medical expenses for EMT expenses, nursing services and rehabilitation expenses. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird and damage from flooding. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Equus resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things like sideswiping another vehicle, backing into a parked car, rolling your car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Equus in order to get cheaper collision rates.
More quotes mean more insurance savings
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, someone dropped full coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best price while still protecting your assets.
In this article, we covered many ways to lower your Hyundai Equus insurance prices in Aurora. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Aurora car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Much more information about insurance in Colorado can be read at the links below
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Aurora Auto Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Aurora Auto Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Aurora? (FAQ)
- How Much is Aurora Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)