A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that about 70% of customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates with other companies. U.S. drivers could save themselves about 46.5% a year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find cheaper Hyundai Entourage insurance is to do an annual price comparison from providers who can sell car insurance in Aurora. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as multiple speeding tickets and an imperfect credit history can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. View prices
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on every quote and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Reducing your Hyundai Entourage insurance rates can be surprisingly simple. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes on the computer to get quotes from different insurance companies.
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Colorado. If you want the cheapest auto insurance in Aurora, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Colorado
Despite the high insurance cost for a Hyundai Entourage in Aurora, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your vehicle with a loan, most banks will force you to have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Hyundai at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, car insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $855 a year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every discount available very well, so here is a list some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on insurance.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some larger companies give discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Organization Discounts – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount when shopping for insurance.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
Popular insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for driver’s education, safe vehicle, good driver, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-theft, membership and employees, defensive driver, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, and emergency military deployment.
- Allstate has savings for safe driver, premier discount, EZ pay plan discount, 55 and retired, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO includes discounts for accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, safe driver, homeowner, teen safe driver, and bundle discounts.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, safe driver, youthful driver, driver training, multi-policy, good student, and 55 and retired.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, and good student.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-policy, education and occupation, good student, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, and good driver.
Before buying, ask each company to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere.
Comparing quotes from local Aurora car insurance agents
A lot of people would rather go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Licensed agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from local agencies is still important in Aurora.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Aurora car insurance quotes to get your business. You don’t have to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. In the event you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
When narrowing the list to find a local Aurora insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they function. Agents in Aurora can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both write insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know how they differ because it may have an impact on the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part.
When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to check rates from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of that many times have cheaper rates.
Featured below are independent insurance agents in Aurora that may be able to give price quote information.
- Premier Insurance
2241 S Peoria St # 202 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 337-3600 – View Map
- Amercian Affordable Insurance: Arthur Blaszczyszn
10660 E Bethany Dr – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 577-9998 – View Map
- MG Insurance Brokers Llc
2600 S Parker Rd # 263 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 309-6200 – View Map
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Aurora who can help you get price quote information.
- Stacy Nimmo – State Farm Insurance Agent
1399 S Havana St #201-G – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 364-6900 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jack Sughrue
2226 S Fraser St Unit 4 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 751-4701 – View Map
- Mark Peter State Farm Insurance Agency
12100 E Iliff Ave #104 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 755-3220 – View Map
Picking an insurance agency requires more thought than just the premium amount. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
It’s not one size fits all
When quoting and comparing the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Hyundai Entourage?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Can I cancel at any time?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
How to find a good Aurora auto insurance company
Picking the best car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Aurora. The ranking data in the next section may help you decide which insurers you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
What is YOUR best insurance company?
In this article, we presented many tips how you can get a better price on Hyundai Entourage insurance in Aurora. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Aurora car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices come from a lesser-known regional company.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, high prices, extreme rates for teen drivers or being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
Budget-conscious Hyundai Entourage insurance can be bought on the web in addition to many Aurora insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not provide online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agents.
More tips and info about car insurance is located in the articles below:
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Sonata in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Aurora Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Subaru Impreza in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Aurora? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tundra in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)