Feel like you have an expensive car insurance policy? You’re preaching to the choir because there are many people just like you.
Sad but true, a large majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. American drivers can save $859 each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
How to find low-cost Honda Clarity insurance in Aurora
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find low-cost Honda Clarity insurance in Aurora is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers in Colorado.
Step 1: Read and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like multiple speeding tickets and a low credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides the details to get lower rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. Find an Aurora insurance agent
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A valuable tip to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Many insurers vie for your hard-earned dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every provider to discover the definitive best rates possible on Honda Clarity insurance in Aurora.
Cutting your Aurora auto insurance rates can be surprisingly simple. Drivers just need to take a few minutes to compare rates to see which company has the cheapest Honda Clarity rate quotes.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it replaces the need to actually drive to local Aurora insurance agencies. The internet eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you want the peace of mind that you can only get from talking to an agent. Although, it is possible obtain prices from the web and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The following companies can provide free quotes in Colorado. To find the cheapest car insurance in Aurora, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts to help bring down the price. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before they will apply.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home can help you save on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on your policy.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can get you a discount because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current Clarity insurance policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Honda can qualify you for lower insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a defensive driver course could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member may lower your rates slightly.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Aurora auto insurance quote.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Auto insurance companies that possibly offer these discounts include:
Check with each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts may not be available in every state. To view companies that offer some of these discounts in Aurora, click here to view.
Can’t I compare prices from local Aurora insurance agencies?
Many drivers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Aurora who will give you bids to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you just need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reliable insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they work. Insurance agents in Aurora are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can do a good job, but it’s important to point out how they are different since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are trained well on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Aurora who can help you get price quotes.
These agents are appointed with more than one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to get rate quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Aurora willing to provide rate quotes.
Get Honda Clarity Insurance at a Discount
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower car insurance prices.
- Use credit responsibly and save – An insured’s credit score is a large factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds with good credit tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with bad credit. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Honda Clarity by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Save by driving less – The more you drive in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles receive better premium rates than those that get driven frequently. Improper usage on your Clarity may be costing you higher rates. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance coverage shows the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Five star IIHS safety rating saves money – Safer cars cost less to insure. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If your Honda has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Does your job raise your rates? – Occupations like lawyers, police officers, and miners tend to pay higher average rates because of high stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, careers like farmers, athletes and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Honda in Aurora, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Honda Clarity has a loan, most banks will force you to have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Honda at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your Honda Clarity and your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your car insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying car insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $820 a year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Colorado auto insurance company ratings
Ending up with the right insurance company is hard considering how many companies sell coverage in Colorado. The company ratings shown below may help you choose which car insurance companies you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
How much can you save?
When shopping online for insurance, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate.
Lower-priced Honda Clarity insurance in Aurora can be purchased from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not offer online price quotes and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
Steps to finding lower priced Honda Clarity insurance in Aurora
If you want to save money, the best way to get cheaper Honda Clarity insurance is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Aurora.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources. Compare rates now
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save money and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new insurer. Immediately upon receiving it, keep the new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Sonata in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Aurora? (FAQ)
- How Much are Aurora Auto Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Aurora Car Insurance for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Aurora Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4 in Aurora? (FAQ)
- How Much are Aurora Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)