Really, the only way to get budget car insurance rates in Aurora is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies that sell auto insurance in Colorado. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of policy coverages and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as careless driving and a not-so-good credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for more details to prevent high rates and find additional discounts.
Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. View rates
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new carrier. Once received, put the new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is that you'll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on every quote and and to get prices from every insurance company. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
It's shocking but nearly 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and just short of a majority have never taken the time to shop around. The average driver in Colorado can save almost 35% each year, but they just feel it's too hard to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If you are insured now or just want cheaper coverage, use these tips to lower your rates and possibly find even better coverage. The goal of this article is to familiarize you with how auto insurance companies operate and also save some money in the process Drivers only need an understanding of the tricks to shop for auto insurance online.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Aurora, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Check for these five money saving discounts
Some insurers don't list every available discount very well, so below is a list both well-publicized and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- Discount for New Cars - Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Paperless Signup - Certain insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy on the web.
- Cautious Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Driver Training Discounts - Passing a defensive driving class could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, that's just not realistic.
The chart below shows the comparison of Honda Accord insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premiums are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Colorado state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- GEICO offers discounts for membership and employees, daytime running lights, federal employee, military active duty, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA has savings for military installation, new vehicle, defensive driver, family discount, annual mileage, and loyalty savings.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, and good student.
- American Family discounts include bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, accident-free, good driver, and early bird.
- Esurance offers discounts including multi-policy, emergency road assistance, online shopper, safety device, multi-car, and online quote.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for business and professional, distant student, early shopping, switch companies, electronic funds transfer, homeowner, and good student.
- State Farm includes discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, safe vehicle, good student, accident-free, and Drive Safe & Save.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent to give you their best rates. Discounts might not be offered in Aurora. To choose providers with the best Honda Accord insurance discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
Rate information and statistics
The coverage table below highlights different prices for Honda Accord models. Being aware of how auto insurance premiums are calculated can aid in making smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$166||$298||$338||$20||$102||$924||$77|
|Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$166||$298||$338||$20||$102||$924||$77|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$166||$298||$338||$20||$102||$924||$77|
|Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$190||$362||$338||$20||$102||$1,012||$84|
|Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$190||$426||$448||$26||$134||$1,224||$102|
|Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$190||$426||$448||$26||$134||$1,224||$102|
|Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$214||$426||$448||$26||$134||$1,248||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in vehicle location which can impact price quotes greatly.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Honda Accord yearly insurance costs for each different age category. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Age, gender, and Honda Accord insurance
The example below compares Honda Accord insurance premiums for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or driving violations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Honda Accord full coverage rates compared to liability only
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Honda Accord insurance prices with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The costs are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop full coverage
There isn't a written rule to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's pretend your Honda Accord claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $800 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.