We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who compare rates once a year will most likely switch auto insurance companies because of the good chance of finding better rates. A study showed that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved about $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest rates on auto insurance in Aurora is why you’re here, then knowing how to compare coverage rates can help simplify the process.
The best way to get budget Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Aurora is to regularly compare quotes from companies who sell insurance in Colorado.
Step 1: Try to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that increase rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives more information to find cheap prices and get discounts that may be available to you.
Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Accord Hybrid insurance. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new company. When you receive it, keep the new proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you already have coverage, you stand a good chance to be able to cut your premiums using these techniques. Locating the best insurance company for you in Aurora is really quite easy. But Colorado vehicle owners benefit from understanding the methods companies use to determine how much to charge because rates fluctuate considerably.
Save money on Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Aurora with these seven discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there may be some discounts that can help lower your rates. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home can help you save on insurance because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some companies give discounts for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current Accord Hybrid insurance policy. The savings is around 10%.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a class that teaches defensive driver techniques is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy and place coverage with the same company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works. But all discounts should help lower your policy premiums.
Large insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, safe vehicle, good student, good driver, passive restraint, and student away at school.
- GEICO includes discounts for membership and employees, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, good student, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for new car, anti-theft, economy car, multi-policy, early signing, utility vehicle, and EZ pay plan discount.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include safe driver, anti-theft, homeowner, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, and teen safe driver.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for youthful driver, driver training, renewal discount, safe driver, and good student.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and online signing.
- AAA may offer discounts for AAA membership discount, good driver, good student, multi-car, multi-policy, and pay-in-full.
If you need cheaper Aurora auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in your state. To find providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Aurora, follow this link.
Auto insurance coverages explained
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the normal coverages available from auto insurance companies.
This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like theft, fire damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hail damage. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills for things like nursing services, funeral costs and hospital visits. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Accord Hybrid to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage provides protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Honda Accord Hybrid.
Due to the fact that many Colorado drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 25/50/15), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Usually these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Auto liability insurance
This will cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/15 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $15,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things such as structural damage, loss of income, pain and suffering, bail bonds and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Colorado requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/15 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Ratings for Colorado car insurance companies
Buying coverage from a good quality company can be difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Colorado. The company ratings in the next section can help you pick which car insurance providers to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Aurora can be sourced online as well as from insurance agents, so get free Aurora auto insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Even more information can be read in these articles:
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)