Amazingly, most drivers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never shopped around. Most drivers in Aurora could save up to $600 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rate quotes.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find the cheapest price for auto insurance rates in Aurora is to start comparing prices regularly from providers in Colorado. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- First, take a little time to learn about how companies set rates and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher prices such as distracted driving and a not-so-good credit score can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if cheaper Fusion Hybrid coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
To find cheaper quotes, there are a couple of ways of comparing rates from companies that offer car insurance in Colorado. The easiest way to comparison shop consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
It’s important to know that making a lot of price comparisons provides better odds of finding a lower rate.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Aurora, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the lowest price.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Aurora, auto insurance is required in Colorado but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Fusion Hybrid has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in Colorado overpays as much as $800 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to save money.
Statistics and details
The rate table shown next highlights different policy rates for Ford Fusion Hybrid models. Knowing how car insurance prices are established can help customers make decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$216||$390||$576||$34||$172||$1,388||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can impact rates significantly.
The example below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can increase or decrease Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance premiums for different ages of insureds. The rates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Cheaper Aurora car insurance rates with discounts
Some insurers don’t always publicize all possible discounts very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Sign Early and Save – A few larger companies give discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower car insurance rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get reduced rates.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Good Student – This discount may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you could get a free car insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance prices with and without discounts. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Colorado state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
For a list of insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Aurora, click here to view.
Do I need special coverages?
When selecting the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.